Three years ago: Chapter 10 - One Blink

Fandral's voice rang like a siren throughout the quiet and brightening forest. It posed as a blaring signal, screaming at me to make my move before it was too late. For everyone, the silent moments that had passed between us was merely the calm before the storm, like the building tension between two armies; Fandral's voice was the battle cry. I could feel the other two soldiers lazily snapping out of their startled daze, realizing the moment was perfect to attack with the element of surprise. To finally approach us in the 'right' way.

No time to think, just act!

Everyone stayed perfectly still, leaving a golden window of opportunity just hanging in the tensing air. It almost seemed to obvious, how perfect that single moment was. Unfortunately, It was. We all exchanged frantic glances, knowing that one opportune moment would only work once, and for only one side. My so called, 'perfect plan' was crushed the minute I locked gazes with the fiery glare of this 'Lady Sif'.

Everyone acted at the same time.

Fandral and Volstagg charged at Kol soon after exchanging fierce glances, crossing in front of Lady Sif's gaze in the process. The stare down between us was abruptly cut off, but it gave me yet another perfect moment to launch my plan. Smirking, I leaped straight into the air using all of my possible strength, launching into the dark tree branches, only seen as a shadowy streak bursting towards the sky.

"Get back here you COWARD!" Lady Sif screamed into the open air once Volstagg and Fandral moved past, slashing her sword left and right as if I had suddenly gained the power of invisibility. Fandral an Volstagg also had magically lost Kol, bellowing their angry curses into the surrounding bushes and trees. I smiled in half-hearted amusement.

I wish I had seen the looks on their faces when they realized he had the ability of-

Kol crashed onto the branch closest to me out of the thin air, a ring of ancient symbols and letters visible in his irises.

"Haven't done that in a while." He mumbled.

Kol had the power to teleport, or drift as we called it. It was his inherited gift, but unlike me, he had already mastered the ability. Whenever an ability is used, the ancient language of Ziac can be seen in the irises of the user, forming in the shape of, 'The Ring of Elements' a ring symbolizing all the elements, powers, and enchantments of Ziac. The brighter the symbols reflect in the eyes, the more powerful the user will be. Sometimes, the wielder is so powerful, that the ring extends out of the iris and completely surrounds outside of the eyes in a perfect ring. A symbol of a truly invincible wielder. These extremely powerful wielders are called, "ανίκητος" or pronounced, "Anikotos". Though I should say, 'Were' called, shouldn't I?

"Kol." I stated flatly, eying the raging, spitting warriors below us. "We cannot stay here, we need to leave." I was unsure if my plan would work, but if I planned correctly, it would be perfect.

"I am well aware of that." Kol's tone was just as dull as mine. We could easily dispose of these fuming warriors, or soldiers, or whatever they were, but doing so would be pointless. We had to get out of here.

"No, I mean we really need to go. As in go, go." My brother flashed me a puzzled look, but it slowly morphed into one of understanding.

"But how?"

I stayed silent for a moment, waiting for the right moment to ask him what needed to be answered.

"Kol.. can you drift to other realms?.. Midgard?"

Kol whipped his head away from the three warriors pacing the forest soil, searching my eyes for something that wasn't there. Sighing, he rested his forehead in his palms. When he didn't respond, I continued.