Three years ago: Chapter 5 - Secret in the Forest

Talon walked me all the way to the back of the library, as I desperately fought to stay conscious.

Why is my body reacting this way?

I hadn't felt this bad since my very first shift, and I was beginning to wonder if it had anything to do with my seething anger towards Talon. Why? Out of all the times in the world, why did this have to happen now? I could feel the dragon inside me, I could feel her floating to the surface of my mind like a dead fish at the bottom of a lake. She persisted on, ignoring my feeble mental attempts to keep her at bay.

Out.. I'm trapped..

My consciousness slipped backward into the dark abyss of my mind, the last images of the library walls flickering into nothing. My mind shifted and warped in my skull, my screams of agony coming from somewhere far away rather than my own mouth, and I knew the last painful stage of the shift was almost complete.

Anger took advantage of my newer, stronger body first. The emotions all spinning in my head before, intensified to an unmanageable degree as my consciousness warped into something newer, stronger, than my tiny body.

The anger swelled over the sadness and despair, pouring into every nook of me, until I felt like I was about to explode into a rage.. fit to destroy an entire colony. I was shaking. Boiling over and waiting for an opportunity to strike at the source of it all. What was it again? I feel strange..

The feeling of fury abruptly exploded from my chest, and quickly snaked it's way into my suffering mind, intensifying my anger into something much more than it should have been. My heart was thrust into overdrive as adrenaline poured through my veins. All the emotions a Ziacian couldn't handle in human form, now pumped mercilessly into me before my transformation was even complete.

These feelings aren't mine..

A new pain numbed the overstuffed emotion, as I floated somewhere cold and dark in the depths of my mind. It crept its way from the front of my head and onto the sides, an intense burning feeling sliding over my skull as I writhed in the throbbing pain. Tears stung my eyes, my muffled screams hitting the surrounding blackness from the outside and not the in.

And then nothing. No pain, no darkness, instead it was a blinding light. I tried to cover my eyes, but my arms didn't move. I struggled to turn my head, but it stayed facing strait, right towards the source of the most blinding rays.

Groaning at my sore limbs I called out, only to have my jaw move in a way I did not intend. Something shoved me back into the dark, and it was then that I noticed I wasn't the one conscious.

Something else was.

A different part of me was very much awake, moving me around like a puppet.

H-hello?

I struggled to my feet in the dark, stumbling towards a faint light in the distance. I couldn't feel the ground, I couldn't see my own hands.

One step.. Two step.. With each weak step I took.. I could feel myself huff with exhaustion as if I had just finished a large game of chase. Panting, I collapsed on the fifth step, and watched the light shrink in the distance, then fade out completely.

***

"Wake up! You utter embarrassment! Are you a fool!?"

What?

Mmm.. where am I? Mghh..Why can't....uugghh..I see?

A pounding headache greeted me as I awoke under closed eyelids. I could hear the scrambled voices of random people as I tried to move, only 'surprise, surprise!' I couldn't even try.