Neighbors

Here's a Teenlock based off a post I saw somewhere of 2 houses so close together parts of the roof are like inches away. Imagining how Sherlock and John would have interacted as teens is so cute! This is also the longest one I've written, but I think it's pretty shitty. I don't know how that works, but yeah. :)

I was trying to enjoy a perfectly good book in the perfect setting of my silent room when I was disturbed by the beeps of a truck backing up. Damn I forgot the new family is moving in, I thought as I rolled my eyes. Hopefully there aren't any kids or at least any around my age. Another teenager would be horrible. I shuddered at the thought of it.

"Sherlock!" Mummy yelled up the staircase. "Come meet the new neighbors!"

I groaned and tried to ignore her, but eventually she barged into my bedroom. "Sherlock, come on," She sighed, clearly exasperated.

"Fine," I hissed. "Only for a short while." I placed the bookmark between the pages of my novel and trudged downstairs. I feel a bit better seeing Mycroft also forced to leave the confines of his room and socialize. He already looked as though he had eaten a lemon, but his expression deepened when he met my eyes.

Father entered the hallway and pushed us out the front door. I squinted at the bright sun after being locked in my room the whole morning. Looking past the lush green grass of our front yard I saw a moving truck being unloaded in the driveway adjacent to ours. Father and Mummy rushed forward to introduce themselves to our new neighbors who I learn are the Watsons. Meanwhile Mycroft and I hung as far back as we could before our parents called us over.

"And here are our two boys," Mummy grinned and grabbed us by the arms, forcing us closer to the family. "This is Mycroft, he's in his third year of college." Mycroft extended his hand to the other parents.

"Hello," He greeted without any enthusiasm.

"And this is Sherlock. He's in his last year of high school."

"Hi," I nodded, preferring not to do any unnecessary touching.

"Oh that's great!" The short blonde woman in front of him exclaimed. "John here is in his last year as well. It's good to know he'll have a friend right off the bat." Upon hearing his name, a boy who I assumed to be John set down the box he was living out of the truck and came over. Ugh there is a kid.

"Hey," The short but muscular boy with sandy blond hair greeted me with a dazzling smile. I was stunned into silence for a few seconds before Mycroft elbowed me in the side.

"H-hi," I stuttered. I peered into his stormy gray-blue eyes and was drawn to the warmth in them. Mycroft sniggered, instantly knowing the cause of my distraction. I shot him a subtle glare as our parents began conversing together.

"So, I didn't catch your name," John smirked while shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans and rocking back on his heels.

"Sherlock. I'm Sherlock," I felt my face flush and internally rolled my eyes at my body's inability to function normally around this beautiful boy.

"John!" I heard a high pitched shriek yell out a window on the second story of their new house. "Hurry up and bring my stuff up!"

John rolled his eyes. "Sorry that's my insane sister, Harry. I lost a bet earlier so now I have to unload all her stuff. I'll catch you guys later." With that he turned and resumed bringing some cardboard boxes into the house.

"Sherlock," Mycroft sneered.

I tore my eyes from John's flexing biceps and turned to my brother. "Yes?"