Cuddly

About a week into dating Sherlock I learned that he is a man who craves physical affection. Since he didn't receive much as a child (and when he did, he pushed it away), he is definitely making up for it now. 

Whenever my shift at the surgery ends, Sherlock is sitting on the couch in his thinking position waiting for me to come home. Once I walk into door, he immediately springs up and latches onto me. Somedays when I have things to do, I just pick him up and carry him around with me. I mean he only weights 110 pounds which is very unhealthy for a man his size (but he never listens to me when I tell him that). 

The most uncomfortable times are when I really have to use the restroom as soon as I return home. Sherlock of course refuses to leave my side and insists on coming into the bathroom with me. The first time this happened we hadn't been intimate yet, so it was quite awkward. I made him turn and face the wall while my face was bright red. I mean I don't want my partner hearing me pee! Is that too much to ask? Well apparently it is for Sherlock. 

Although I have to admit that I love when he cuddles up to me on the couch. We pop in a movie and he practically sits on my lap. I love when his head rest on my chest and his dark curls ruffle every time I exhale. He completely melts into me and is the most relaxed I ever see him. 

It brings a mix of emotions for me. Sometimes I wish he could show other people this soft side of him because he wouldn't be so lonely. But on the other hand, I feel so special that he doesn't act this way around anyone else. It makes me glad I'm the only one, even though it's very selfish of me. 

Since Sherlock and I had known each other for a while before we started dating, we moved into the same bedroom pretty quickly. That and after the first week of dating Sherlock would look at me longingly as I went to bed and I finally invited the man to sleep with me. I do love it though, having him curled to me with his head on my chest. Other times I spoon him and relish the feeling of his body conjoined with mine.

While Sherlock is really cuddly now, during the first week of our relationship he was so awkward about initiating any kind of physical affection. His face would get so red and he'd bite his perfect lips. While wringing his hands he'd approach me with his head down asking if he could hug me. It was so utterly adorable but also broke my heart at the same time. All I wanted was for him to feel comfortable around me and show his real emotions. 

The first time we kissed was in the flat after he had solved a particularly interesting case. He had looked so hot as he ran around making his deductions and snarky comments. I couldn't help but give him a quick gentle kiss once the door to our flat closed. Sherlock was frozen for a few moments until I was able to drag him to his armchair. It took two minutes for him to finally respond to me and when he did, the most gorgeous smile lit his face. I thought I was going to cry he was so cute. 

But I pushed that aside and cautiously approached him. When I leaned down to meet his stunning blue eyes his face flush a beautiful shade of red. We had started dating two days ago but hadn't exchanged any romantic actions after we confessed how we felt. I kinda ran out of the flat in a panic and Sherlock retreated to his room for the rest of the night. But anyways, when I looked into his eyes I was just so amazed. I leaned forward more to press my lips against his full ones. After a few seconds he responded and it was the best kiss of my entire life. 

For the rest of that week, Sherlock would continue to approach me with a burning face, just to ask if he could hug me. It took a while, but I was finally able to convince him that he didn't need to ask. The first time he wrapped his long arms around we without asking first was when an experiment of his went haywire and I got angry with him. I quickly forgot about the mess in the kitchen when he pressed his thin frame against mine, tucked his head under my chin, and whispered an 'I'm sorry' against my neck. 

From then on, he got more confident in initiating affection. While it wasn't always convenient, I loved it. I loved on our rare days off when I'd be reading in my armchair and he'd push my arms out of the way to climb on my lap. He didn't say anything, just let me resume reading as he nuzzled into my neck. I loved when I'd be doing dishes and he'd come up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist. I loved when he took my hand in his after stepping out of the cab and onto the crime scene. I loved when I'd be typing up my blog and he randomly said he needed a kiss, so he kissed me. 

I just love everything about that man. 

And I still love everything about that man I made my husband.