I'm falling for a ghost boy who claims he knows me

Larissa's P.O.V

Max had said he'd wanted to show me something. He'd also said it was dire important. We passed right by Coltrin and Natalie as we headed towards the elevator. It was late and I had no idea where he was bringing me. He was hurrying though, pulling down on my arm like someone was coming for us. As we passed by, I noticed that Coltrin had been shaking. His eyes were madness like someone had liten his family on fire right in front of him. Natalie was trying to explain something, and I wanted to come over and talk to them, and ask what was wrong, but I had a feeling Max would not stop for anything. Before the elevator doors closed, I'd kept looking at Coltrin and Natalie.

"Oh god" Coltrin said with his hands on his face. "It's Max isn't it? Isn't he here? Is he with her?"

"I don't know Fisher" Natalie said. Fisher?

He looked up straight from the floor to my eyes. His alarm rose like a beating heart as he noticed Max and I about to be soon alone together in the elevator.

"Larissa" He said. "Don't go"

The doors clasped shut before I could respond. I knew then that something had been wrong. Max knew that too. He grabbed my hair and he pulled me back into the wall of the elevator.

"Let me go" I said fighting him. "Max let me go!"

"It's a show Larissa" Max laughed. "And your our star, and our opening act of course, and our final act as well, you'll be playing every role in this...thriller"

The elevator doors opened and I quickly got out but he was right behind me. He was on my heels, chasing me. He was so close and everything was fast but I tried to think of it like slow motion. And that I was always a step ahead and that I could just go a little faster... just a little more...

He reached out to grab me and I screamed. He growled as he failed to do that and sped up his pace. I reached Coltrins door and as my only hope, I ran in and slammed the door.

I leaned against it, breathing fast trying to calm it down so I could be quiet.

His footsteps lingered behind the door, back and forth from where I was. He was going to find me...

And suddenly, I heard a pause. He was breathing quickly too and listening at the door I was hidden behind.

"Larissa don't you think your a little too old to be playing hide and seek?" Max asked from behind the door.

I squeezed my eyes shut tight. No, no, no, no...

The door knob began to twist and I knew he had found me.

"Larissa open the door!" He growled. "Let me in!"

I pressed down to the door with all I could bare. I struggled. But he was so strong.

He easily pushed himself harder and got me to slam back into the wall. The pictures clattered and I

regained balance as he walked in. It was dizzy and he was spinning for a moment. It cleared as he was inches from my face with a knife.

I was shocked. How had he tricked me so well? Why did he want to kill me?

"Your so gullible" He chuckled as he walked me in to wall. He reached up and touched my hair.

"Don't touch me" I said bravely. He looked suprised.

"The nerve to say such a thing and your not even the one with the knife in your hand" He said. "That's brave"

His hand felt down behind my head and his fingers curled around a lock of my hair. His fingers started to twirl it around uselessly.

"Don't touch me" I said again pulling my hair away from his grasp.

He grabbed my hair again, a bundle of it, and slammed me down to my side.

I gasped falling to the floor. He knelt down and pulled me towards him with my shirt.

"You just like to touch me don't you Max?" I asked. "Well I don't think that your desire of having sex with me is going to happen when you kill me"

"I would be quiet if I were you" He warned holding the knife just inches from my face.

He was now close to me. I was leaned back against the wall with my head turned away and he was up in my face with his knife. He was ready for a kill.

I was shaking and he would soon get his way. But not before a fight.

The door slid open and Coltrin and Natalie walked in.

Suprised Coltrin ran over and pulled Max away.

"What do you think your doing?" Max growled trying to slice the knife at Coltrin's face.

"Trying to get you away from Larissa, that's what I'm doing" Coltrin growled back.

Natalie ran over as I got up on my shaky feet. She pulled me out of the room quietly.

"Wait Coltrin" I said trying to go back.

"He'll be fine" She promised. "But we have to get out of here"

But how are you so sure?"

"Because he's not a human"

"What?"

"He's Fisher" She was running with me as she'd told me this. From down the hall I could hear his pain screaming out to me like a cry for help.

"Fisher?" I asked suprised.

I'd stopped. I'd stopped for Fisher, not Coltrin. I ran back, Natalie following. In the room, Fisher and Max were fighting a hell of a battle.

"What are you doing back here?" Fisher asked as he struggled with Max.

"I'm not going to leave" Larissa said. 'Natalie said that your Fisher"

He looked suprised and pained at the same time. Max had him then.

Larissa pulled Max away from him and Max angrily slit across her shoulder with his knife.

She gasped.

Suddenly a tape fell out of the vcr. No one had noticed but Larissa did. She grabbed it and read the title.

Fisher and Larissa as kids. It was the one of the sandbox and them running around while they were trying to eat peas for dinner. She remembered!

How could she have ever forgotten?

Fisher pushed her and Natalie out along with him and closed the door. Max on the other side was struggling to open it. Fisher told them to run and held the door closed as long as he could.

Then he caught up with them. They emerged into the lobby and people had been there. Max

emerged as well no longer with a knife.

Everything had happened so fast. Larissa sat down at a little couch in the lobby and thought over everything. Her eyes stared ahead and her breathing was slowing down now. She looked over at Fisher and gasped.

"Fisher" She said. "You weren't lying"

"I told you I wasn't" He said.

"But you tried to be someone your not" She said. "Why?"

"You thought I was crazy" He said. "I didn't want to risk that again" He still looked like Coltrin. But soon he would look like himself again. Larissa was afraid to go into a room with not a lot of people there. So he would have to stay looking like Coltrin because he was not going to leave her. He loved her.