Tip

WHAT TO EAT AFTER A WORKOUT

You should be eating protiens and carbs post-workout to replenish the energy lost workin' yo butt off.

After a long run or any endurance cardio sesh - Hydrate first. HYDRATE. HYDRATE. HYDRATE. Then, eat something about 80% carbs & 20% protein. (try a smoothie, a banana and some berries, an egg, some almond milk or coconut water and a little ice)

After a swim or watersports - You'll feel hungier because your body temp drops in the water, so avoid over-eating by eating a warm snack to try and shake off the chill. After you've warmed up you can approach your main meal with a little more restraint.

After a weights sesh or circuits class - Your muscles will be crying out for energy, so carbs eaten now will help your body recover and stay lean, rather than putting on weight. Protien is also important too because it helps repair any muscle damage and you'll get maximum benefit when you eat within 30 mins of finishing your workout. So, make sure you have a good quality protien source and a mix of complex and simple carbs on hand. Try some scrambled eggs, with vegies and sourdough toast, or hommus with wholegrain crackers. If not reach for a peice of fruit and a handful of nuts.

Info from - lifestyle.com.au