Chapter 13

Harry

I was surprised to not see Hagrid calling first years, but I dismissed it. It probably wasn't serious.

Percy was looking around at everything in wonder. To me, it was just the train, but to him it was probably exciting, I remembered how it looked my first time here.

As we walked towards the carriages, I was surprised to see horses pulling the carriages. They had never been there before.

"Hey, what are those?"

Ginny looked around, confused. Before she could reply, Hermione and Ron came rushing over 

"Harry, where's Hagrid?" Ron asked.

"I don't know, Ron. I think he's doing something for Dumbledore." Hermione said. "But that's not important. We should probably catch a carriage before they're all gone."

"About the carriages," I started as we walked, "why are there horses this year?"

"Horses? What do you mean, Harry? There aren't any horses. The carriages pull themselves."

Percy

Man, did they ever stop talking? We had been standing here for ages while they just talked, and all the carriages were leaving.

So naturally, I stopped paying attention, and was surprised when Harry started freaking out about horses.

If you could even call those horses. They were like death horses. I could only faintly hear them whispering, and every once in awhile they would come and sniff me.

"Wait, so only people who've seen death can see them?" Harry asked.

"Yes." Replied Luna.

"So not everybody can see them?" I asked.

Ron sighed. "That's what we just said, you git. Do you ever listen?"

"Ron!" Hermione scolded. "That's rude."

Ron didn't look very sorry.

"Percy, who have you seen die?" Luna asked.

Uh oh. Did I lie? "I dont really want to talk about it." I said instead.

Harry and Ron shared a look. Dam. I didn't mean for that to sound so suspicious.

"Let's just get in the carriages." I mumbled.

.......

When we approached the castle, I was approached by a strict looking woman.

"Hello, Mr. Riddle." She said. "I need you to come with me to be sorted."

"It's Jackson." I corrected.

"Of course." She nodded. "The first years will be sorted first, and after they're all sat down, I will introduce you and you will be sorted. You will go out and join your table. Do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am."

She looked at me through her glasses. "It's professor, Mr. Ri- Jackson."

"Of course."

She left me standing right outside a door. The door was slightly ajar, leaving me to see what I assumed was like the cafeteria.

There were four tables, and each one had a different color scheme, representing the four houses. The tables were crowded with kids of all different ages. It wasn't that different from camp, if you thought about it, honestly.

Professor McGonagall carried out a hat and sat it on a stool. After she walked away, it started to sing. That's right, a hat started singing. What even is magic?

As I stood there, dumbstruck by the talking hat, it finished it's little song, and McGonagall started calling out the first years to be sorted. After each kid sat down, the hat would call out a house name. Some houses cheered louder than others, and some kids seemed more scared than others.

I noticed that when kids were sorted into Slytherin, all of the other tables didn't clap or anything. It made me angry. That was how people had looked at me when I first came to camp. It was how people had looked at Nico. It wasn't fair. They were just kids.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by McGonagall calling out ,"Riddle, Perseus."

Harry

I wasn't really paying much attention to the end of the sorting, until I heard Percy being introduced. I noticed that when he walked out, he stopped by McGonagall, probably to correct his name.

He sat down on the chair, and the hat was placed on his head. I thought that was a waste of time, because he would clearly be placed in Slytherin, but I guess it was to keep up appearances of him not being evil.

Percy had been sat on the stool for a long time before the hat finally called out, Gryffindor!

Word count: 703

A/N For the record, I think Percy is a total Hufflepuff, but for the story, he needed to be a Gryffindor. What house do you guys think he would actually be in?