Chapter 7: Moriarty's Empeñar

Leonard Villarin's countenance was conveying a weighty dillema while analyzing something in his computer monitor. His left hand was scrolling the mouse while the other was resting beside a scientific calculator under his study table. He was seating in his swivel chair like his works will bring him to his academic downfall if he didn't take it seriously.

He was inside his clean room with a bright blue color motif. There was a big shelf at the corner of his room filled with books. Mayroong darting board sa may pinto at sa taas nito'y naroon ang isang wall clock. May malaking aparador do'n na salamin ang pinto. His bed contained many printed papers and crumbly piled of notebooks, including his bag. Sa gilid nito'y may maliit na cabinet kung saan nakalagay ang isang light lamp.

'Yon lang ang nakikitang parte ng kwartong nako-cover-ran ng hidden camerang in-install nila sa loob ng kwarto nito. Mayroon namang sa labas sabi niya pero wala pa ang tamang panahon para mag-shift do'n. 

"We hacked his computer and made him call us. We disguised ourselves as computer repair technician and planted hidden cameras there," the short lady answered after I asked her what was the action they made.

"What do you mean by 'we made him call us?" I asked without breaking my concentration from watching him in the footages. "Have you forgot that I described him as self-proclaimed sleuth?" My voice was screaming terror and I could see them swallowing the lump in their throat from every words I've said.

I witnessed how stupid he was as a detective wannabe but I couldn't underestimate the situation. I alwayd consider every single details I have from my target and loopholes have no place in my villainy. They have never failed me, but there was nothing wrong to command for assurance.

"After receiving our assignment, we did not kill our time over strategizing since we prepared list of schemes already. We instantly hired a working student to give fliers near in their area." Ito ang gusto ko sa kanila, nakahanda na lang isagawa ang mga planong inihabi nila para sa akin, kung may adjustment man, kaonti na lang 'yon. "We made sure that he'll received one of it."

Napatango ako dahil alam kong hindi naman sila pumapalya sa pagtatago ng sarili nilang pagkakakilanlan. Batid ko rin na wala silang iniwang ebidensya na maaaring ikapahamak nila.

"What about the working student? You know my rules." Kapag kalat nila, kalat lang dapat nila. Wala silang dapat idamay na tao maliban sa mga sarili nila.

"He was wearing a mascot so I'm sure that he was not recognized. We instructed him where and when to change and remove the mascot."

"Why you didn't plant covert listening devices?" Kung nag-install sila no'n ay hindi lang puros obserbasyon ang maaring magawa namin. We can also hear him, who knows if he knows it all along and just pretending that he doesn't know they had installed hidden cameras there?

"Upon fixing his computer, we saw some bugs in his room. That's why we didn't install it especially that he received calls frequently." If they are detective wannabe, they will used it as a tool in espionage. Nagkakaroon kasi ng problema sa linya kapag mayroong nakaplantang bugs, maaring mapansin niya 'yon since mayroon siya no'n.

I pressed my lips together and set my attention now to the CCTV footages. When it comes to installing cameras and the likes, I know they won't fail me. They didn't offer themselves without having the potential to be my pawns.

"Let's start your game now," I commanded as my voice became clouded with enthusiasm. I couldn't wait for more moments. Kanya-kanya naman silang tipa sa kani-kanilang mga keyboard.

Pinagmasdan ko ang aming target na biglang nagbago ang ekspresyon nang biglang namatay ang kanyang screen. I could read his lips muttering 'fuck' as he tried to turn on his computer. He was now in total panic while cursing his goddamn computer. At any moment, he looked like he is going to pee in his short.