8. Please

Fortunately, the next day was off for the TXT members. Soobin spent most of his time laying in bed, looking at the ceiling and letting out a sigh from time to time. He considered not leaving his room at all, but if the other members figured something was up it'd be rather troublesome, so he did join Kai for some tea and cookies in the afternoon.

Soobin's thoughts were all over the place. His hands kept shaking so much he had to use both of them to put down his mug every time so it wouldn't make too much noise against the table. Kai seemed to be completely oblivious to Soobin's weird mood, and kept talking about choreography practice, but not even that allowed him to forget the message that he had received to his phone a couple of hours before.

"Can we talk? Please. I beg you."

The phone was now turned off inside his pocket. But it was heavy, so heavy that he kept reaching out to touch it with his fingers every couple of seconds, as if changing its position was going to help forget its presence.

Huening Kai finished his cup of tea and casually went around the coffee table until sitting next to Soobin, and kept babbling about the incoming album release while resting his head on his hyung's shoulder. The elder kept nodding his head as if he was listening, while caressing the phone inside his pocket once again with the tip of his fingers and staring blanking at his own cup of tea.

Since Kai was talking so close to his ear and his own mind was a  mess, Soobin didn't notice that Yeonjun had entered the living room until he heard him clear his throat.

The moment their eyes met, the younger's reaction was to gasp slightly and suddenly move away from the boy that was resting on his shoulder.

"What?! What?!", Kai quickly regained his balance after almost falling, and looked around repeatedly searching for whatever caused Soobin to jolt.

"A little bit jumpy today, aren't we?", Yeonjun said coldly while walking past them towards the kitchen.

I beg you.

... Jumpy today, aren't we?

The duality, Soobin thought while slightly clenching his teeth.

"Do you guys want more tea?", Yeonjun casually asked from afar while pouring some in a cup for himself.

"Nah, I'm fine", Kai shrugged.

"No", Soobin answered, almost defiantly.

"Cool", the reply was so fast it overlapped with the single word Soobin had said.

There was a moment of silence.

"Dammit."

"What?", Kai asked looking in Yeonjun's direction.

"I spilled some tea."

"Oh", the maknae replied, and went back to looking at his phone.

Two seconds of silence.

"I spilled it on my shirt", Yeonjun continued.

Silence.

"I'm borrowing a shirt from you, Soobin."

"What? No!"

"Yup. I'll get it myself."

"No, don't enter my room."

"Going to your room now~", Yeonjun sang while putting the tea cup inside the dish washer.

"I said no!", Soobin stood up, and Kai looked at him with one raised eyebrow, but went back to looking at his phone. After all, dumb arguments like that one happened all the time between the members.

Yeonjun left the kitchen and walked past them again, this time in the opposite direction. His shirt was stained. He was whistling.

"Yeonjun! Don't enter my room!"

"It's Yeonjun-hyung", the elder one smirked while crossing the door.

"Son of a--", Soobin muttered while leaving the living room as well. "STOP!", he raised his voice, reaching for the other's sleeve.

Yeonjun slowed his step so his now low voice would still be audible.

"Are you going to make a scene?"

The younger froze in place, letting the other go.

Fuck you, Yeonjun.

His hands started trembling again, but he couldn't tell his feelings apart between anger and anticipation.

Yeonjun walked calmly in front of the other until they stood in front of Soobin's room, but when he reached for the doorknob his fingers slipped through the surface. The younger observed in slight confusion while his hyung wiped his hand on his pants, muttering something to himself. Finally, the elder opened the door and entered the room, not sparing a glance to check if Soobin was following him. Of course he was.

The younger closed the door behind him, sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Look, Yeonjun, I don't really want t--"

"I like you."

Soobin raised his eyes to see Yeonjun standing in the center of the room, biting his lower lip, fists clenched tightly. His heart skipped a beat.

"I like you, Soobin. Romantically."

There was a long pause after every sentence, but he didn't stutter.

"I know it's terribly complicated, but this feeling... It just... doesn't go away."

Soobin's heart was beating so hard inside his chest he started getting dizzy. He rested his back against the door and looked at his feet, clueless about how this conversation should and would continue.

"You like me too", Yeonjun insisted, but this time his voice trembled a little bit.

"I don't...", the other muttered.

"Please.", the elder sighed, "This is difficult for me, too. I don't know what to do, either. Please."

The Yeonjun standing now in front of Soobin was not the confident idol, nor the talented actor with the perfect smirk, nor the expert in fanservice that knew exactly when and how to tease the other members in front of the camera to make the fangirls go crazy. This Yeonjun was the boy that stayed up late helping Soobin practice his choreography steps, the one that constantly asked him if he was okay and praised his hard work after every public interview.

It was the Yeonjun that Soobin had fallen in love with.

"Please. Help me figure this out."

The younger let out an almost painful sigh. His eyes scanned the room frantically for something that wasn't there, until they finally met Yeonjun's gaze.

"Yeah", was the only thing he managed to say.