14. Touch

"Very good, boys. Good job", the choreographer clapped a couple of times, and the members of the group sighed and relaxed their muscles after the long training session. "Soobin, outstanding job today too."

The boy turned around a little bit surprised, but accepted the compliment and bowed repeatedly.

"Soobin has been nailing it lately", Taehyun smiled while stretching after the workout. Indeed, it was the fourth consecutive day the leader of TXT received an honorable mention after their work. "Did you change your diet or something?"

"Not really", he answered, and he could almost feel Yeonjun smirking behind him.

"Good work, Soobinie~", the oldest of the member said, coming from behind and clinging to his back.

"Leave me aloneeeee!", he tried to remove the other's arms from around his neck, without any success.

Yeonjun was back at being touchy around Soobin, and although they were both acting natural and playing it cool, the younger's mind was still a mess.

So pretty much the same it's been for the last couple of months, he corrected his own thoughts.

There was a lot going on, and no matter how cold-headed he usually was, both his brain and heart could not keep up with the pace.

For a start, he remembered his feelings were becoming strong to the point of annoyance even before Yeonjun first try to confess to him. Soobin was having a very hard time concentrating at work, and the thoughts about the other kept him up at night. But for whatever reason, ever since the incident in Yeonjun's room some days ago, the younger had been feeling motivated and energetic, and that was apparently the reason why he was performing so good during practice.

But... there was something else bothering him, something he couldn't put his finger on.

Because Soobin was the kind of person that needed to plan everything ahead and thinking long-term, and could not stand uncertainty, the anxiety that came from liking Yeonjun was mostly caused by the not-knowing what his own feelings could develop into, and the way they could affect his almost perfectly even temperament.

Of course, the whole issue around being gay was still there, but there was literally no way (statistically speaking) that he was the first gay person in the K-Pop industry, and it was just common sense to think that as long as he kept to himself and kept the other members out of it, everything would fine, even if he was found out at some point, which he probably wouldn't... If it wasn't for Yeonjun liking him back and deciding to open to Soobin about it, that is.

That is why, even before his hyung made any moves, Soobin was already making the utmost effort to put an end to his own romantic feelings; and it was also the reason why he was so upset at Yeonjun for not doing the same.

If they could just leave those intrusive thoughts behind, then goals would be certain, concentrating on work would be easy, and there wouldn't be no reasons to worry about their own behavior.

That was what his logic was telling him.

In reality, ever since that moment when Soobin decided that he'd rather be open to Yeonjun about his feelings that seeing the other struggle on his own (that time in the hyung's room, that is), Soobin had been feeling like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

Yes, Yeonjun was back at being touchy, and that was annoying at times.

Yes, Soobin's heartbeat would set a new speed record every time the elder did as little as stepping close to him.

But, somehow, things were way easier than ever.

Soobin could be himself without worrying about being "found out" by his hyung. Yeonjun was also being Yeonjun around him, even after knowing about his sexuality and feelings, and that reassured the younger boy that the Yeonjun he knew was the real one. In other words, things were back to normal, but now Soobin was less self-conscious and felt like all paths in front of him had been cleared, even the ones related to being successful as an idol.