28. Love

It was like being on drugs.

Not that Soobin knew what that felt like, but he figured if some people got addicted to those then it must feel similar to this.

Every time his fingers brushed against Yeonjun's skin, a tingling sensation ran from his fingertips, along his body until reaching his stomach, where the feeling twitched and twirled so intensely that it was hard to believe that the entire thing was caused by his brain alone.

Soobin knew Yeonjun was getting similar sensations because he slightly jolted or got goosebumps where he touched him. The younger smiled at that thought with his eyes closed.

They'd arrived at the hotel a couple of hours before and payed for a two nights stay. The place was a very small building in an alley where barely any people walked. On their way there they bought some drinks and food.

As soon as they entered the room Soobin, who couldn't find the time to talk face to face properly with his hyung during the days after their encounter with Taehyun, hugged and held Yeonjun so tight in his arms that they both stumbled blindly across the hallway until the shorter's back rested on the wall to keep balance. Soobin stayed in silence with his face buried against the crook of the other's neck for so long that the elder eventually chuckled and asked:

"What's wrong, Binnie?"

"I'm so sorry."

Yeonjun chuckled again.

"About what?"

"What do you mean «what»...? The scratches, hyung."

"Ah... It's okay, it wasn't your fault."

"It literally was, though?"

"Nah, can't be helped if you have such a good time in bed with me, huh?", the other giggled, but Soobin didn't laugh. "Hey... It's okay, really. We just have to be more careful. Sorry I didn't realize I had marks on me, I could've checked."

This sweet, ridiculously gentle boy, I swear...

Love felt like all those days that they'd spent miscommunicating and trying to figure out if they should be together or not had been a complete waste of time.

Now, they were on the bed, Soobin sitting with his back against the headboard and Yeonjun positioned in between his legs with his back to the other, alternating between resting his head against the younger's chest and sitting up to grab a bite from the sandwich he was holding in his hand. They were watching some cartoons in the huge TV screen that was in front of them. Comedy. No idol shows, no romantic drama, no psychological struggle.

Yeonjun laughed at what he was watching and threw his head back, his hair brushing against Soobin's neck. They were holding the hands they weren't using to eat.

Yeonjun's hair smelled good.

Love felt like this moment was the only thing that made sense.

"Do you mind if we take our shirts off?", Soobin asked, feeling somewhat high and letting the words flow from his mouth effortlessly.

"Okay...? But why?", Yeonjun turned around smiling.

His eyes sparkled. Had they always sparkled like that?

"I just want to feel your skin while we're like this." Soobin would've guessed he'd get shy from saying something like that, but he didn't even think twice. He didn't even try to play it as a joke by smiling.

Yeonjun tightened his grip on Soobin's hand before letting it go to remove his upper clothes and throw them aside.

"Perv."

He didn't mean it.

Soobin took off his shirt as well.

Love felt like wanting to be so close to someone, that even skin became an obstacle.

When Yeonjun leaned back again to rest his back against the younger, his body was oh so warm. Soobin reached out and wrapped his arms around his hyung's slim torso and wondered if it felt weird for the other to be the one with the smaller physique. He wasn't going to ask.

He could feel Yeonjun's heartbeat through his touch. Soobin kissed one side of the other's neck and felt him tense up in his arms. He was sensitive. The elder caressed Soobin's leg in response, and the younger closed his eyes again overwhelmed by the peace and hoping his hyung wouldn't realize he was not paying any attention to the cartoons anymore.

They finished their dinner in bed and Yeonjun stood up from the bed to throw the leftovers and plastic packages into the trash can while Soobin shook off the sheets.

When Yeonjun returned to bed, he knelt in front of the other before putting his arms around his neck without saying a single word. Soobin smiled. Yeonjun smiled even more widely, tilting his head to the side as they looked into each other's eyes.

He looked like a puppy.

They kissed softly. How could Yeonjun's lips be so plump and yet feel like they melt against Soobin's? Or did it feel like that because they were so plump?

They paused to peck each other's cheeks and noses, and Yeonjun's soft smile slowly faded when the younger entangled his fingers in his hair, his eyes craving.

Love felt like wanting to be so close to someone, that skin needed to be used as a means to it.

Yeonjun ran his hands down Soobin's chest, and the younger kissed him with an open mouth, his tongue searching for the other's. Their breath became heavier rather quickly, and when the older climbed on top straddling him, Soobin wrapped his arms around Yeonjun to pull his bare chest closer to his own.

"Do me", the younger whispered, and the other nodded.

Love felt like nothing they did could be a mistake.

Sometimes, love is the reason why mistakes are made.