Chapter Twelve: Dusty's Down!

"You are looking live, at Pudong Shanghai International Airport..." Brent's voice announced on loudspeakers and the TV.

The next morning, out on the runway, the leaderboards were up for everyone to see where the racers were. Dusty and Braedey were both tied for 1st place, while Ripslinger took second, Ned took third, Zed took fourth, El Chu took fifth, Annie in sixth, Bulldog took seventh, Ishani took right, and Rochelle took nine. The last three planes were also there.

"Yep." Dusty began as Ripslinger swung around to see Dusty and Braedey standing there. "First place. Not bad for a farm boy and a racecar." The crop-duster made his way to the terminal, while Braedey revved his engine, spitting exhaust at Ripslinger, making him cough, but before he could saw anything, Braedey was gone. 

"Oh yeah?" Ned asked. "Well, first place is for losers."

"Can it, moron!" Ripslinger scolded as he flung the oil can at Ned.

"Ow!" Ned exclaimed while Zed laughed at his brother.

"Now, listen up." Ripslinger redirected their attention. "It's time to make yourselves useful."

Unbeknown to them, Zane was nearby where the planes were, listening in to what was going on. He now narrowed his eyes at Ripslinger. He wanted to say something to Braedey, but he couldn't now. He decided to go and head to Mexico quickly to go and find Mary or someone Braedey knows of to help.

Down on the runway, Dusty and Braedey positioned themselves, now ready to take off. The latter checked his wingpack, seeing everything was good to go, as his turbines came to life. El Chu rolled up to them panting. Kiss marks were all over him. Dusty and Braedey looked at him with confusion.

"Whoa." Braedey looked in surprise.

"What happened to you?" Dusty asked.

"That song." El Chu panted. "It flipped a switch."

"Oh, my little monster." Rochelle spoke in the back. "Come here." She pulled his cape.

"Please!" El Chu begged. "No!" Then, the sequence of kissing began. El Chu pulled himself back up to us. "She is like a jaguar now."

"Oh, my little burrito." Rochelle pulls his cape again.

"Be gentle please!" El Chu pleaded.

Braedey snickered, then got serious, looking to Dusty. "If you want to, I can lead ahead for the two of us." He offered. "I'll wait for you in Mexico."

"Good thinking." Dusty acknowledged. "Best to beat Ripslinger there before he can get to the checkpoint. Good luck."

"You too." Braedey nodded.

"Start your engines." A race official over the PA announced, Braedey lowering his visor, and Dusty starting up his engine for takeoff.

Eventually, all planes were in the air, Dusty flying low, just above the ocean itself, while Braedey took to the air, flying at about 5,000ft above sea level, keeping ahead of the other planes behind him.

"This is our sixth and longest leg." Brent announced on TV. "These racers will need to follow their GPS antennas, because there's a big ocean between here and Mexico."