Chapter One: Going Places

Radiator Springs. The gem on the necklace of the now famous Route 66, the Mother Road. This small town is one of the most unique and amazing sights down the iconic two-lane highway, halfway down the 2,940km (2,448 mi) route from Chicago to Los Angeles, now the most popular sight on the highway.

In Radiator Springs, just in the entrance of the town stands a café gas station. The sign reads 'Flo's V8 Café'. The main building is circular-shaped, painted yellow and green with the logo on top. On either side, it has two narrow buildings, holding three cars who need gas on each side. The café was shaped to look reminiscent of that of a V8 engine. Diagonally across the café stands another shop, with the sign 'Luigi's Casa Della Tyres', sporting the iconic white, red and green Italian colours. You can pretty much guess what they sold. Just a little down the road, there is a small red brick and white stone courthouse. A statue of an old car grinning with one gold tooth stands proudly in front of it. The sign below it says 'Stanley. Our founder. 1909'. Surrounding the statue were flowers in tyres. At another shop opposite of Flo's, the shop is filled with souvenirs and trinkets and read 'Radiator Springs Curios'.

Down at Flo's V8 Café, two cars were sitting by the café and relaxing in the gentle sun. The two cars were enjoying the cans of oil in front of them, but they mostly enjoyed their company, as well as the peace that was around them.

The first car is 'Bolt', or known by his official name, Braedey 'Bolt McQueen' Martin, looks identical to Lightning McQueen, but there are design differences between them. He has a set of brown eyes, with a slight tinge of electric blue in them. His body shape also looks to be a combination of a a stock car and a more curvaceous Le Mans endurance racer, his good looks more curved and sharpened instead of being boxy, whilst he has some air vents on both his sides by the front fenders like that of a Corvette or even a Dodge. He is sporting a new coat of glittery cobalt blue paint, whilst having white ovals with a golden yellow outline around them, the shape of the oval similar to a 1959 Corvette's, and inside the white oval was a little golden lightning bolt. He also had a set of shiny whitewall tyres on, and his spoiler is also removed.

 He also had a set of shiny whitewall tyres on, and his spoiler is also removed

The second car Mary Berlinetta. She a 2012 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, with a lovely set of brown eyes, in a lovely shade of deep blue. The sharp lines seem to speak out she is about speed and agility, but also being a cruiser. The sloping lines on the rear look so well with the rest of the body, and she has the Ferrari logo on the front, and just nearby her wing mirrors. She looks rather alluring.

After the debacle with the fake World Grand Prix farce and dealing with the evil lemon cars, and the fact he didn't get the chance to compete in that year's season of the V8 Supercars, Redbullozer Racing boss Leyland Dane talked to Braedey about the situation, and he said that the blue racecar can spend some time to stay in Radiator Springs, something Braedey agreed with.

"This is nice. The peace and the calm in the area..." Braedey sighed to himself. "It's really good."

"Well, with McQueen and the others off for the next season of the Piston Cup, I'm sure they'll be kept busy." Mary commented, gently bumping Braedey's side. "On the other hand, don't you want to get back into the fast lane soon?" She asked him.