29 | déjà vu

Jay~

Jay~

"You didn't have to go that far, but thank you." Ally patted my head and grinned.

"I meant every word that I said." I placed my hand on her waist, and pulled her closer to me. I think she's starting to get used to it.

"We're not even dating, but you keep making moves on me?" She rolled her eyes in a teasing manner.

"If we ever become a real couple once you're ready, I'll treat you well. I swear with all my heart." I hugged Ally and buried my face onto the crook of her neck. She smells super good, as always. I've always been addicted to the scent of her shampoo, and just her in general.

"Thanks for being so patient with me." She showed her gratitude before I finally let go of her.

We picked a movie to watch on Netflix, and chose a classic to just rewatch. We often did movie and K-drama marathons in the past, but it feels way different this time. I feel nervous... my heart is beating so fast, and I'm scared she'll notice.

"Are you okay?" Ally checked up on me in concern.

"Yes, I'm fine." I gulped and tried focusing on the movie instead of her. This girl really makes me feel a lot of things.

About half way, her eyelids began to feel heavy and I suddenly noticed something on my shoulders... it's her sleeping soundly, leaning her head over on me.

Don't do this to me.

I already like you too much.

I didn't even realize how tired I was already, until the sounds of the TV became faint.

__________________________

Ally~

"Wake up, lovebirds! We're gonna have dinner now." My mom shook us awake, and that's only when I realized Jay and I were cuddling. It was like a flash of déjà vu from that time...

"Hi mom!" Jay greeted her casually. She still treats him like her own- probably likes him more than me.

"Did Nat tattle on us?" I rubbed my eyes, still half asleep. I literally just woke up a couple hours ago, ate, then slept again. I really am a lazy individual.

"Yup," Mom giggled at us. "We all saw it coming. You two look great together!"

"Great my ass." I mumbled under my breath. I washed my face again and went down with Jay to grab some dinner.

The whole meal was weird as hell. Mom and Nat kept asking us questions, but Jay's surprisingly professional level at making believable lies. What have I gotten myself into? Why did I even come up with this? I don't need a boyfriend to be better than Nat.

"I think I should go now! My mom might start looking for me." Jay excused himself and began packing his things.

"Thank you." I helped him and he smiled widely. Before leaving, he hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek.

"I told you he was gonna end up liking you! You kept crying before saying he's not interested- look at where we are now?" Mom tickled me and I wanted to cry. They'll tease me about this, nonstop.

"He likes me more than I like him, for your information. What can I say? I'm irresistible." I winked and they both cringed.

"That's so weird. There's so many pretty girls out there- why you?" Nat teased and I scoffed, feeling offended.

"Excuse me?! Two guys fought over me!" I screamed and stormed off to my room. Seconds later, the door came flying open- and they both jumped onto my bed.

"Who was the other candidate? Why past tense?" Mom had all her focus directed to me, like a small child.

"I dated someone for three months... it didn't really work out," I told them quickly and honestly. Talking about him feels like guns being pointed directly at me. "I don't really wanna talk about it... I'd rather not."

"That's valid." My mom caressed my back, comforting me.

"Honestly... I haven't answered Jay yet. He's been there for me throughout everything, and has been a huge help. I'm just conflicted whether I want to be with Jay, or still be with Jake- if he ever wants me back."

"That sounds really pathetic. Don't do that to yourself... don't go running over some guy. Not anymore." Nat gave me good advice for once.

"I've always been pathetic. I don't know what I feel anymore."

___________________________

So I've been asked a couple of times what the title means, even tho I mentioned it in the first chapter ahahha but that's fine:

So '7942' from Korean to romanization is 'chingusai/친구사이', which sounds/means 'friendship'. It's a play on word!

⭐️

Song: aespa (에스파) — Forever (약속)

(LYRICS: wanting to give your lover only the best things, knowing that the journey could be hard but having to stay happy together despite)