46| Promise Me

AN:
Hi guys, I'm sorry for the late update. This story will soon move into another important part of the plot. Stay tuned :)

Warning:
Sexual content ahead.

***

The three of us end up in a police station

The three of us end up in a police station. Earlier, I thought that Jake would continue to beat the hell out of James until he turned into a bloody pulp, but I'm glad that Jake was still sane enough to leave him to the cops.

For now, I can breathe, because the police have put James in jail for his criminal records.

However, the whole time we're in the police station, I can't help but feel anxious, because Jake looks angry all the time.

And I mean, not just at James, but at...me.

He doesn't even want to look at me, even when I squeeze his arm gently and softly ask him what's wrong. His jaw tightens, and his lips form into a thin line.

Oh, God, is he mad at me?

OK. I might have made a mistake. Maybe I shouldn't have chased after James when he snatched my bag.

What the hell was I thinking? I knew that I wouldn't be able to get back my bag even if I chased him -- I apparently endangered myself.

What was the probability of me winning a one on one fight with James? Or worse, he could have had a friend waiting inside that alley.

The ride back to his house is silent. I gulp, watching as Jake grips the steering wheel tightly that his knuckles turn white.

He looks like he's trying so damn hard to contain his anger while driving, but a few curses finally slip out from his mouth when other drivers make the smallest mistakes.

He beats the steering wheel harshly and rakes his fingers through his hair.

"Jake," I say, clutching my seatbelt. "Slow down."

I've never seen his anger aimed directly at me, and this somehow makes me scared. Uh oh. This is not good.

When we finally arrive at his house, he gets out of his car and slams the door shut before storming into his house.

I follow suit, catching up with his speed, and once I step into the foyer, I close the door behind me.

Jake snaps his body around, and my heart thumps as he shoots me a glare with his piercing eyes. "Why the hell did you do that?"

OK. Here it is. I swallow.

"Why did you chase that bastard?" he snaps. "Did you ever think what would happen if I didn't come just in time to see what's happening in front of the store? Do you know how I felt when I watched you enter that alley right after him?"