16- Butterflies & Moths

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Curioss yawned while getting up.

She saw a plate of food placed on the nightstand with a single rose in a cup of water. She smiled and caressed the rose. The toast was a little burnt and she knew she wasn't going to eat it, so she popped a grape in her mouth instead.

She took up the plate and the rose, and walked out of the room in search for the kitchen. The house was big; she prayed she didn't get lost.

Luckily, she found the kitchen and there he was, sitting on a chair by the island smoking a blunt with his back turned.

"Mawnin," She wrapped her arms around his shirtless figure. Saint looked up from his phone, and dropped his blunt in the almost empty cup of tea.

"The toast was burnt," Her eyes glistened with amusement.

Saint laughed, "Sorry about that shordy, I got a lil distracted, I didn't think you'd notice tho."

"I like when you do that,"

"Do what?"

"Laugh, it's a nice soun-"

"Daddy!" They heard Kaylon called out, causing both their heads to look up.

"Child, stop runnin, you dirtying the floors with allat mud you carrying!"

Gema scowled at her and walked into the room with Kaylon's bags on her shoulder.

"Hey baby, you had fun?" He picked her up. Kaylon nodded and pulled on his beard, "Yes I did, Ma'Gem made me help her bake cookies."

Saint pecked her forehead, "Oh, was it good?"

"It was sooooo good, but you didn't deserve none daddy," Saint sucked his teeth and put her down. She had a smart mouth at a young age, and he blamed himself for teaching her to always speak her mind.

Kaylon immediately squealed, "Curioss!"

"Hello princess," She smiled. "I missed you, you forgot about me?" Curioss grinned and ruffled her hair, "I could never forget about you."

"Who's this?" Gema raised an eyebrow at Saint. However, she knew exactly who she was.

"Curioss, nice to meet you ma'am," She extended a hand for a handshake but Gema waved her off and pulled her into a hug instead.

"I'm Gema, Saint's grandmother, but you could call me Ma'Gem, either one is fine," She chuckled.

"She pretty, don't fuck up," She gave Saint a hard stare and Curioss instantly blushed.

Saint hissed when he received a message on his phone.

He pulled his black T-shirt over his head. "I got sum I needa take care of, Ma can you watch Kaylon?"