25- With You, Always

CHAPTER  TWENTY-FIVE𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

"Wassup baby," His deep voice still made her knees weak.

He leaned towards her with a blunt in his hands.

Curioss backed away and covered her mouth, "Weed breath."

Saint sucked his teeth and the next words he uttered left her surprised and lost for words.

"Come with me,"

Curioss knitted her eyebrows, "Where?"

A husky laugh escaped Saint's lips, "Shit, it don't matter shordy-anywhere."

"I got some business I gotta take care of in Jamaica tomorrow, I want you to come with me."

Her eyes glistened, "I've always wanted to go there." She thought for a moment and shook her head, "But I can't, I gotta take care of Nasir and look after ma-"

"Reina got her, Nasir's with Ma'Gem and Aunt Lee'Ann, he's straight."

A small frown was presented on her face as she sat back in deep thoughts. He was right, Nasir was in good hands and her mother was going to be alright as long as she took her medication and stayed away from anything that gave her stress, that wasn't the problem though.

He knew something else was bothering her, he planned to find out what, "What's da reason?"

Without losing eye contact, she said in a soft tone, "I'm scared."

"Scared of what shordy?" He shook his head, "Happiness?"

"You wouldn't understand," She shut him out and looked away from him.

"Well you gotta understand, that I don't give a fuck about ya reasons, what's wrong wid being happy? You said the pain only made you stronger right? Then prove it."

The purpose of life is to be happy no matter what is being thrown at you. To overcome all obstacles that are blocking your path to success, happiness wasn't ready made, it was a decision, a choice.

"You deserve to be happy, you deserve to live a life that you excited about, you confused right now I get that, but when you find yaself, I'ma be with you, always."

"What do you even see in me?"

He laughed but avoided her question, "Let's go, I got shit to do, got me thinking you working with the feds."

She smacked her lips as she entered the vehicle, "You don't have to answer if you don't want to nigga."

Another session with Monique is definitely what she needed to calm her nerves down. She was not only her therapist but she became her friend. After what happened with Melanie Curioss made sure that she was careful about who she associated herself with because not everyone had pure intentions.