07- The Beginning

CHAPTER SEVEN𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎

CHAPTER SEVEN
𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎

"NASTY but classy, birkin bag me, spend a couple thousands on my tiddies and my asscheeks," Melanie sang out loud causing all heads at the restaurant to turn and watch their table.

"Don't act out in public sis."

"Get my teeth done, cashapp me, sneak dissin' on the 'gram bitch at me," She bobbed her head and chewed down her food.

"Where my bad bitches lookin for an athlete, fashion nova dress and ain't wearing no panties,"

"Dope boy, scam niggas where they at? I just seen a hundred bottles coming from the back uh!"

"You too much I swear, ian know how ya man put up with you,"

"Ah, correction bitch, my men," She smirked and took a sip from her passion fruit juice.

Reina rolled her eyes and poked at her salad not saying anything else.

They were on their forty five minute lunch break since it was rare for the Salon to have any costumers on a Wednesday.

The girls were seated outside at Nancy's Place, a Caribbean/Jamaican restuarant that sold the best jerk pork and they loved it because of how they had tables placed outside; with Melanie being from the Caribbean it was her favorite place to eat.

"I do what I fucking want," She stuck out her tongue.

Melanie's eyes caught something and she nudged Curioss while twirling her fork. "Ain't that Saint and his crew?" She placed the pork into her mouth.

Curioss looked towards where she was pointing and buried her head into her arms when she saw Saint.

Double looked over at the table they were seated at, "Ain't that the same chicks that were at Douglas shit?"

Stacks' eyes landed on Curioss, she looked familiar and he knew he'd seen her before but he couldn't put his finger on where.

Saint ordered Kaylon's food behind the counter.

"Curioss!" Kaylon ran up to her and gave her a lopsided smile. Curioss raised her head up from the table and looked down at her, "Hi pumpkin, you lost a tooth?"

She nodded her head and Curioss laughed as she placed her on her lap.

Melanie gave her a smile then gave Curioss a strange look, "Since when you know Saint's kid?" She ignored her and slightly shook her legs with Kaylon on it.

"What the fuck-" Saint frowned when he noticed Kaylon was gone.

Saint turned his head and looked at Double, "Where Kaylon?" Double scratched his head and shrugged. However, Stacks had his eyes on her for the longest, "She ran over to that girl with the tattoos."

Saint turned around and there he saw Kaylon situated on Curioss's lap as they were engaged in a conversation. "Good lookin' out," He said, "Can't count on this fool fah shit."

Double sucked his teeth and walked up towards the table where the girls were.

"How you beat my boy Rushawn like that?" Double sat next to Melanie. Melanie shrugged and chewed on her meat, "Ya boy a bitch." Double smirked at her.

Saint placed Kaylon's food on the table and sat next to Curioss with a frown visible on his face. "What I tell you 'bout running away?" She hung her head low as her father scowled her.

"I don't care how much familia' faces you see don't do that shit again Kaylon."

Curioss clenched her legs together as he talked to Kaylon in a stern tone and she silently prayed that he didn't notice what was going on with her under the table.

"Curioss," He gave her a head nod.

"Ka'deem," She moved her gaze onto Reina; she saw how quiet she'd been lately and that was not her sister at all.

Reina was the outgoing type and just like Melanie she always seemed to spoke her mind but she wasn't doing so.

She placed her hands on her hers, "You okay?" Reina looked up from her food and gave her sister a small smile while she sat up. "Yeah," Curioss knew she was lying but decided to drop it and ask about it later.

"What y'all doing after this?" Double inquired and threw his hands around Melanie. She waved her fork in his face then removed his hands, "Aht aht, not this bitch."

"I'm on top of things. Would you like to be one of them?" He said with a significant look. Melanie stopped chewing and got up from next to him. "See nah," and sat herself besides Stacks.

Curioss's eyes sparkled with merriment as she watched them.

Although she didn't know Double like that he seemed like the fuck boy type and she knew that Melanie was also a player, she was never the one to settle down on one person.

'Nigga gon hold his chest by fucking wid her'

"Shit," she fizzed when Kaylon's juice slipped from her hands. "That's okay, I'ma get you a next one baby, watchu want?"

"Mmh, pineapple," Curioss slowly bobbed her head and sauntered towards the counter. She ordered the juice and told the person behind the counter a polite 'Thank you' when she received it.

As she turned around, her phone flashed in her pockets causing her to stop.

'My little Curious Curioss, I see you baby,' Her heart skipped a beat as she read the message; there was only one person that called her that. Hot tears rolled down her cheeks while she read the message again.

"No," She whispered and looked around, causing the juice to drop.

She was having a panic attack and was slowly suffocating, it was like walls were building up around her and she was cornered---trapped. "He's dead," She whispered to herself. "I killed him, I-"

Saint watched her thoroughly.

"Curioss?" Reina called out to her sister when she saw the hot tears on her face. Double and Stacks quietly observed what was happening up ahead; not saying a word.

Reina jogged up to her and picked up the bottle of juice from the ground, she took the phone from Curioss's trembling hands and looked at the message displayed on her screen.

"Shit,"

_

_

Who y'all think
texted her? 😩

Drama, drama, drama.

©Kayx