Silent Thunder: Dreams and Nightmares

• Dedicated to My awesome friends

Hey! I actually have a fan to write for now! Thanks for your ongoing support and especially to my friends who have heard me talk about this story all day! And probably tomorrow too! So yeah vote,comment and all that other stuff! Thanks!

Copyright 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2

Crap. I forgot my coat in the hospital. I could feel the cold wind causing the goosebumps on my arms. How stupid was I? I felt like I should stop running. I was so exhausted. Then I remembered the creepy yellow glow healing Amy. I suddenly had the momentum to keep going. The strange thing was it almost felt as if the glow was connected to me. I wanted her to get better and she did. Had I somehow caused it??? No. I shook my head as if the actual motion would clear my mind. Its not possible. Right? Then the lack of street lights penetrated my thoughts. I must have run out of the city. When should I find a place to sleep? I spotted a hill with a creek not far away. It looked like a good place to stop. A water source and a clearing. I lay down and used my arm as my pillow.  I closed my eyes. 

  In my dream it was me and my mom. She was pointing out all the constellations. When she got to the one of the wolf, Lupis, she stopped.She said the wolf was put in the sky after a great war in which many were killed. His job was to remind people of their ancestors. "How does a wolf represent our ancestors?", I asked. I sounded like I did on old recordings. Strange.

"It's said that before us wolves ruled the forest. That's why so many Egyptian gods have dog, wolf, and jackal heads." I pondered that. It went against everything I knew.

"But mom they told us in school that we descended from gorillas, not wolves."  I told her. My mom gave me a stern look. Her eyes looked like they were shooting lasers. She grabbed my arm.

"Their wrong. This is what my great grandmother told me and her great grandmother told her and so on. Who do you believe, your family or a bunch of scientists?" I shrugged. I didn't really care. I just wanted her to go back to telling me about the constellations. "You listening to me?"

"Yes Momma.", I said. When did I ever call her momma? I don't even remember that!

"Someday this will be really important to you. Always remember this. Promise?" "Pinkie promise." We entwined out pinkies together, the twinkling stars above.

I felt warm sunlight on my face. I unwillingly opened my eyes. The light flooded them making them unable to see. I had to go back and close them again for a moment. When I was ready to wake up I rose and stretched. By back felt stiff and sore. It was probably because I slept on a hill. No shocker there. I walked around to work out the kinks. But it felt weird. Like I wasn't standing up all the way. I walked down to the creek for some water, my back and legs bugging me the entire way. What happened to them? I know I didn't hit them on anything.....except maybe they were sore from running. I hadn't run that much since I was going through that phase in which I loved track and field. That ended when I lost to the slowest kid in school. I bent down to get a drink and then I figured it out. My heart beat went nuts. I started to panic. Because staring back at me from the water was no human face. It was the face of a wolf.