Silent Thunder: Amy

Chapter 1

It smells like sick people. It smells like people have died in here. They probably have. A shiver runs down my spine. I don't belong here. I should never be here. This just doesn't happen to me. This only happens on soap operas. And then the patient magically gets better and the hot doctor was an affair with his nurse.

"Helen?"

 I look up. It's a nurse. She has blond hair, blue eyes. Shes pretty. Whats she doing here when she could be a supermodel?

"Helen?" she says again.

 "Yes. Over here. Is Amy okay?"

 She sighs and looks at me. I see sympathy in her eyes. I don't want sympathy. It doesn't make anything better.

 "Amy has several broken ribs, stitches in her lip and a broken leg. She may also have a concussion."

 I felt like my legs were knocked out from under me.

"Will she get better?"

 "Don't get your hopes up kid. She's lost a lot of blood. She may not make it through the night."

What a nice lady.

 "Can I go see her?" I asked. That's what I've wanted to do the whole time. See her smile and laugh and tell me everything will be just fine.

"Well......you see she isnt up and we don't want you to startle her-"

 "I don't care! Let me see her!" I screamed.

I pushed open the door. And I saw her. Amy looked a mess. She was wrapped up in an almost full body bandage. Her hair was caked in blood. I felt woozy. I pulled a chair up beside me. The nurse poked her head in to tell me I only had 10 minutes and then I had to leave. I nodded. I couldn't let her see me cry. When I heard the door close I burst into tears. I grabbed Amy's hand and squeezed. It felt cold and limp.

"You can't die! You hear me?! Who's gonna tell me my hair looks fine? Who's going to keep funny secret inside jokes with me? Who is going to actually care about what I think?! You gotta live. If not for yourself then for me! For me! OK? Live! Amy Live!"

 I got no response. I laid my head on her chest and felt the tears run down my face. Her heart beat was so faint I could hardly hear it. I closed my eyes.

Suddenly I was 12 again. I saw her move in across the street. Her dog ran way from her into the woods and she started crying. I chased after it until i caught it. When i brought it back we were friends. Now I was 14. We spent the entire summer at camp.My bikini top came off at the bottom of the lake. She ran to get her towel and saved me from a lifetime of humiliation. Last year when we were 15. Her boyfriend Chase broke up with her. She looked almost as bad as she does now. I took her out for some ice cream and one of those dumb chick flicks at the movie theatre. Memories like these flash through my mind. Images captured in time.

Suddenly a warm sensation filled my hand. Not hot, just pleasant. It almost tickled. I looked at my hand. A faint, yellow glow surrounded it. When I moved my hand the glow moved with it. Suddenly it separated as if it had a mind of its own. It settled on Amy. It began to glow brighter and brighter until it looked as if she were on fire. The heart rate machine went berserk. Her ribs healed. Her bloody hair became clean once more. Her leg was no longer bent at an awkward angle. She started breathing again. Then as soon as it had come the glow disappeared. It laid her back on the hospital bed and left. Just vanished into thin air. Amy's eyelids fluttered. And I? I ran the heck out of there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? Please vote, rate, or comment. At least read it! Thanks to all my fans! ;)  ttyl!