vingt six

chapter twenty six - the photograph

A/N: Watch how many wolfhard movie and tv show references I'm gonna make in this

six years had passed. six years had passed and nothing had changed. at graduation, will and mike hugged each other awkwardly. mike's hand lightly brushed will's back, will's found their way to the raven's shaggy hair. a light blush tinted the taller's cheeks but only slightly, barely noticeable.

college was a blur, for everyone. as dustin had once stated, the party dissipated, fell into the wind. lucas and mike kept in touch— as did el and max, who've been dating for as long as they could remember. dustin and will would call now and then, once a week or once a month during the finals era. everyone went to a different university though. everyone left hawkins, wanting nothing more than to do so. they only wanted room to explore.

as for dustin, he studied game design in chicago. he'd met a girl named suzy there, who'd quite obviously and brashly flirt with him. at first, he'd brush her away, but what once was ignorance became romance. romance that was short lived, though— not exactly. their affair took place between the years 1986 and 87. after a year, suzy was bored of him. dustin was left to rot, a distant memory in his brain. but it allowed him to focus on school more. with the rise of mario and nintendo came dustin's extreme fascination for the video game world. two years after graduating college with his bachelor's degree, it wasn't hard for him to find work, where he drew characters and storyboards for new games to be released for the super nintendo entertainment system.

suzy crawled back after word of his success.

lucas, a similar story. headed to new york, at a quite prestigious university— max was shocked. he and dustin ended up working together. both of them ecstatic that they'd applied for the same job. he picked up bass guitar too, and had gotten fairly good at it over the two years he'd practiced. he slept around only a bit, when he was stressed. but lucas then realized that wasn't the life he'd wanted.

max and el, one studied astronomy, the other writing. the brunette's hair had reached her shoulders, while max cut hers to a short, lovely bob. the redheads locks would curl at the ends, and el would play with them. el wrote a book, once she'd gotten better with words. all the party had read it and sent her letters to her dorm. as for max, she was fascinated with the stars, her life goal was to become an astronomer— which was still a work in progress. luckily, she'd minored in business. she'd found adequate work as an assistant manager to a publishing company. that way, el could easily have her books written, edited, and published. max was thinking about eloping with el. but she also had hope at some point, maybe, possibly, it'd be okay for girls to love girls.

and will byers. a starving artist, who actually gained success and hit the jackpot, studying at a liberal arts college in derry, maine. there, he met his college best friends, beverly marsh, ben hanscom, mike hanlon and bill denbrough. there was also a richie tozier, a four-eyed geek with a similar stature and face to mike's. however, their demeanors were entirely different. richie was fun-loving, wild and free, as a beast. the other warm, awkward and stoic. that didn't stop will from taking a liking to him.