vingt quatre

chapter twenty four - an awkward encounter, part I

a/n: before we begin, i just want to let y'all know that i was planning to make this into a sequel

a/n: before we begin, i just want to let y'all know that i was planning to make this into a sequel. instead, the whole book will stand alone. the sequel would have started right after this chapter. i'm so sorry that this is later than i wanted it to be, finals and all. and i'm also working on a book, so, it's been super hard gajdnfkf but thank you all for supporting this book. thank you for all your patience and everything. ily all so much. enjoy this chapter! i made it long.

also guys i dead gave mike boris vibes in this time skip 😃 just thought it was fitting didhkfjf. i'll shut up now, enjoy :)

_

the day was still, silent. mike ran a hand through his raven locks. he'd been blasting peter gabriel in his room, when nancy walked in. she was a sophomore at the university of indiana, now, accompanying jonathan. at this point, they thought they'd be in it for the long run. the brunette was home for spring break, so she took some time to check on her little brother.

call it sibling intuition, but she knew he was still hurting.

"hey dumbass," she said with a smile.

the book of love is long and boring,

no one can lift the damn thing.

"mike, when are you gonna stop drowning your thoughts and feeling sorry for yourself like an idiot?"

mike didn't respond. he only blew someone of the hair out of his face. It'd grown much longer, almost at his shoulders, wavy and thick and flitting in his face now and then. nancy huffed and turned the radio down.

"michael." she said sternly.

"what."

the elder sighed. she sat on his bed, a bit shocked that he even replied to her.

"how long has it been?"

a scoff from the younger wheeler. "hundred and six days." maybe it's pathetic that he was counting. perhaps it feels wrong and desperate. mike didn't care, all he knew was that he missed seeing will, just to see him.

she tilted her head, the brown waves on her head were cut to chin length. "why don't you change that?"

another scoff. "he doesn't want to see me. he doesn't want to hear my voice. and what's the point, anyway? we're graduating soon. we'll never see each other again, so why try to fix this?"