quinze

chapter fifteen - could this be love?

[ direct continuation from the last chapter,and for those of you who guessed mike or eleven, which was basically all of you, you were correct lol ]

and for those of you who guessed mike or eleven, which was basically all of you, you were correct lol ]

there stood mike wheeler, and the girl with the buzzcut. she looked sad, remorseful, almost. mike seemed angry with her, and will couldn't put his finger on why.

"the hell do you want, wheeler?" dustin got to his feet, lightly holding will by the waist. bitter venom dripped from his tone.

"please, dustin," mike impatiently replied.

the curly-haired boy looked to will for approval, worry in his icy blue eyes. "it's fine, dusty," said the shorter boy. the rain, at that point, had diminished to a light drizzle, the kind that could make you catch a cold.

"i'll wait here," dustin said, as will simpered weakly, walking towards mike and eleven.

-

"will," mike said softly, "did you talk to my sister?"

he nodded. eleven cringed and bit her bottom lip.

"what did she say to you?"

will remembered the conversation, how he blushed the color of poppies in spring. it was just the other day, but it felt as it was eternity ago. he was sure that mike wouldn't want to hear about the conversation. nancy was wrong, completely. eleven was the one that was going to open up his heart, it was eleven that mike's heart belonged to.

"nothing," said will.

mike saw the pain in will's eyes, will didn't want to see him. he realized now, he saw it all. he'd caused will byers, the boy he was meant to be with, pain and suffering, with those three hurtful words.  how could he have done this? how could he have been so blind? he made will cry, and... dustin was the one to comfort him. mike felt tears swell in his eyes, the skin puffed up beneath his eyeballs, his cheeks reddened. mike was crying.

"m-mike, why are you crying?" will asked, fearfully. he didn't want mike to cry.

"will, i-i'm so sorry, i should've never cursed you out in the hallway, please, will, i'm s-so s-so fu-fucking sorry," he sounded so helpless, so genuine. he really cared for the new boy.

the other smiled softly, apologetically. "it's alright."

eleven placed her hand on mike's shoulder, sighed lowly for a few seconds. her brown eyes clasped shut when she finally spoke.