Texas and California

AU: There is cursing, and will be in the future. Enjoy!

Texas flinched as California disappeared from the meeting, leaving behind his trail of smoke. New York threw a glare his way, as DC attempted to regain control of the table. "Alright, let's just all calm down." He tugged at his black locks, tie resting sloppily on his white shirt.

"Yer lucky I don't come over dere and beat ya." New York threatened Alaska, thankfully, holding back the Empire state.

"That was stupid, and that's coming from me." Florida agreed, gently placing a hand on DC's arm in silent comfort, the other state smiling at him gratefully.

"Let's' just finish the meetin'." Texas grumbled, avoiding looking at the northern state.

Texas made a hasty escape once the meeting was finished, rushing out of the room to avoid the conflict. Pausing, he was unsure of where to go, before turning towards the porch, and heading outside.

==============

Louisiana watched his friend rush out of the meeting, frowning in worry. Waiting, he snagged his best friend's arm as he exited, pulling him aside, "What's wrong with Tex?"

"Cali and Tex had an argument." Florida grimaced, stepping away as New York stomped past, Alaska on his heels.

"You okay, sha?" Loui looked over his best friend worriedly, he knew Tex could get violent, though normally kept himself in check when DC was around.

"I'm fine, Cali really hurt him though." Florida winced.

"Lets go check up on big red." Loui sighed, tugging his friend along. He knew where Texas would be.

================

Texas flinched as the doors opened, and relaxed when his two friends stepped through the door with sympathetic expressions. They each took a seat beside him, as Florida began talking about everything and nothing, Loui adding in a few comments every now and then.

They were waiting for him to talk about it, Texas realized, thankful for their patience. "I was stupid." Texas grumbled.

"You were." Florida agreed, before letting out a yelp of pain, "I was being honest!" he protested.

"Not helpin', sha." Loui rolled his eyes fondly, returning his attention to the red state, "Tex?" he pushed.

Texas winced, placing his head in his hands. Placing a silent encouraging arm around his shoulder, Florida continued on his rant, as if nothing had happened.

Texas revealed in the silent comfort of his two allies, thankful they understood where he was coming from, and thankful they weren't afraid to put him in his place, as was Alaska.

Listening to the younger state talk, he found his head lulling onto Loui's shoulder, and his eyes closing.

===============

Cali had finally calmed down after his argument with Texas, and the guilt set in. What he'd said wasn't right, and had been unfair of him to say. Alaska had helpfully told him so, and New York told Alaska to "fuck off".

Grimacing, Cali rationalized he should probably apologize to the lone state as well, after he finds Texas. Spotting Florida leaving the kitchen, Cali rushed over to the young state, "Florida? Where's Texas?" Cali asked hopefully.

"Why, so you can yell at him again?" Florida glared, standing his guard. Say what you will about him, but he was loyal till the end.

"No, I wanted to apologize." Cali rubbed the back of his neck almost shyly, grinning softly.

"Fine. I was just bringing them snacks." Florida nodded his head, and Cali followed him outside, stopping in his tracks at the sight. Texas had his head in Louies lap, black bangs falling into his closed eyes.

Loui glanced up, raising his eyes as Cali took a seat next to him. "I came to apologize." Cali explained, unable to take his eyes off the Lone Star State.

"Wait till he's awake. He ain't had much sleep lately." Loui grinned, as they all settled in for a long wait.

=================

Texas grunted as he woke, blinking as a face came into view, "Morning sleeping beauty." Loui grinned.

Texas merely shoved him away playfully, sitting up. Brushing himself off, he finally noticed the quiet state, and he went stoic, "Ya' hollered?" Texas asked, crossing his arms.

"I wanted to apologize." Cali corrected, avoiding the others' eyes. 

"Fer'?" Texas furrowed his eyebrows, Cali was right to call him out. He was hurt, aye, but he was one of the few willing to call him out.

"I was rude. I shouldn't have said that." Cali glanced down at his hands, nervously fiddling with a chip bag Florida had hesitantly given up due to Louies glare. 

"I shouldn't have said that word." Texas shifted guiltily, as he looked up into Calis eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Holy shit."

"Did you get that on tape?"

"Texas apologized.

Texas whipped his head around, noticing they had gathered an audience. Growling, Texas took off his hat, handing it to Florida. "Y'all have five seconds to scatter." He growled, cracking his knuckles. The states ran in terror, as Florida, Cali, and Loui watched in amusement, Texas taking off after his nearest target.