Part 28

"Yes, that would make sense. In this case, which of our friends weren't real?" Kyoko thinks out loud.
"Which of our friends was actually the mastermind in disguise?"
"Well, what about Junko? Why she got executed made no sense.." Aoi ponders.
"A-Are we really s-sure Mukuro is the mastermind?" Toko asks.
Mukuro shifts nervously, and glances over to Toko, and then me.
"And was the Junko from the magazines really just Mukuro dressing up?" Makoto says, putting his finger up to his mouth.
From this discussion, I think I can conclude who the true mastermind is.
"Then, from what we have gathered, and what you agree, it's safe to assume the real mastermind is Junko Enoshima, and she is a real, seperate person from Mukuro Ikusaba." Kyoko concludes.
"N- No! That's not true.." Mukuro retorts defensively. "I'm th- the real mastermind!" Her voice was shaking, and she seemed very nervous.
Kyoko has a smug expression on her face.

"Just give it up Big sis!" Someone with a whiny voice shouts, and I hear a pair of boots tap on the floor.
They step into the courtroom, and reveal themselves.
"Junko?" Aoi almost screams. "You- You were the one, you made her, it was actually you!"
"Yes indeed, it was me all along!" Junko says with a heavy British accent. However, she quickly shifts her voice, and appearance. "The older sister, tough and proud- that was Mukuro. The younger sister, smart and cute- that was.." Her dead, emotionless voice echoed through the trial grounds.
"Hyaaaahaha! Me! Junko fucking Enoshima! And together, we are the despair sisters! AKA the ultimate despair!" Her voice rises atleast an octave, and a whiny accent resurfaces.
All of the students minus Junko exchange confused glances.
Junko walks over to Her -or Mukuro's- picture, with a pink cross over it. She kicks it out of the way. "Over here you disappointment!" She shouts, and Mukuro waddles over to her area. Junko struts over to monokuma's spot in the trial grounds.

A pair of glasses appear, and Junko has her hair in a singular ponytail. "Although, not everyone else here was who you thought they were." She says calmly.

"Junko, let them go." Mukuro interjects.
Junko holds up a monokuma.
"Upupupu, is this betrayal? Such.. despair," Junko says with the closest thing to monokuma's voice she can muster.
"Your welcome Junko.." Mukuro whispers, only I can hear it. "I'm on their side now Junko." She declares.

Junko has dropped the bear, and a bit of drool is coming from her mouth.

The students work with Mukuro to solve all the mysteries of hopes peak academy, including the condition of the outside world.

The slot machine comes to a stop, displaying three small Junko icons.

"The hell?" Junko breathes.
"You've lost, Junko." Kyoko replies.
"I lost? I... lost? Me...? N-No way... it can't beeeeee!" Junko screams.
"You still don't accept it?" Taka ponders.
"Even the ultimate despair herself is vulnerable to the onslaught of despair, it would seem." Byakuya states, with a hint of smugness.
"But there's no use trying to fight it now!" Aoi affirms.
"Well thats juuuuusst...! "She screeches. "Totally the best!" The screams maniacally, drooling and blushing.
"Huh?" Mondo almost shouts.

"This... this is despair...! We came to this school two years ago, created our incredibly detailed plan... To come this far, and fail at the very end...! It's the most ultimately ultimate despair!" Junko continues.
"Wh-What are you talking about...?" Makoto is confused as to what she means.
"Don't you see? I was so hopelessly desperate! I was bored of the world the moment I was born! That's why I've been looking forward to this so desperately. This once-in-a-lifetime experience... it is my first and last colossal despair, here at the moment of death! To have the chance to taste of the highest grade despair- the utter failure of my dreams! Ahhh! I am so hopelessly happy right now!" She still has more to say.
"Wait, is she... enjoying this?" Aoi inquires.
"Anyway, so are you prepared to admit defeat?" Kyoko confirms.
"Haha... hahahahaaahahaaa! You think I care whether I won or lost? Outside is only despair, inside is only despair! No matter where you go, despair awaits you!" She rambles.
"Th-That's not true..." Makoto stutters.
"You're wrong! Let me tell you this right now. We no longer fear despair." Byakuya interjects.
"Because we've decided to enter the outside world with hope!" Aoi shouts.
"Kyeeehahaha!" Genocider laughs.
"You said that despair is as contagious as any disease. But the same is true of hope. All you have to do is look at us to see how true that is." Kyoko concludes.
"Ahh, stop it! Stop! I hate those faces you're making! To see those awful looks causes me nothing but pain! Fine, let me just say one last thing... if you guys wanna get all hung up on the word hope, that's no skin off my nose... but just be warned... from this point on, one despair after another will stand in your way. No matter where you run, no matter where you hide... maybe you'll find some hope, but there is a very fine line dividing that hope from bitter despair. Knowing that, you still plan to cling to your hope?" She warns.
"Of course! Because we-" Makoto butts in.
"Shut up, shut up! That was a rhetorical question. You interrupted my monologue! I'm almost done though, so whatever... because it's almost punishment time, right!?" She finishes.

"Do you really intend to go through with this?" Kyoko asks.
"That was the agreement, right?" Junko replies.
"H-Hold on! It's not like I *want* you to die! You don't have to" Makoto quarrels.
"Stop it stop it stop it STOP IT! How many times do I have to tell you!? The act of living brings me no hope at all! All I want now is to taste that despair of death that you only get once in life. So... Don't get in my way! Puhuhu... Puhuhuhu! So this is how the despair of death feels... ahh, it's so wonderful! Even a tenth of this despair... even a hundredth...! I want every last soul on this planet to taste such despair! I want the entire world to die with that despair in its mouth! Okay, let's do this! I've reserved an extra special punishment for last! Let's give it everything we've got! It's... PUNISHMENT TIIIME! Haahahahaha!" Junko laughs maniacally in the face of death. I grab onto genocider, scared as to what her punishment will bring.

Junko walks out of the room with monokuma, instead of being dragged like the rest of my classmates. She is stood on a chair in a classroom. She gets hit with baseballs, runs away from mouthed doors, sits meditating in a fire, hit with an excavator, blasted off into space, and is on the conveyor, on the way into the press. The conveyor stops when the is under the press, and she stops smiling. However, before a moment has passed, it is re-activated, and she was squished.

The despair she must've felt at that moment, when she thought her death wouldn't work... she must've been so happy.

We left the courtroom, and gathered in front of the door to the outside world. Makoto presses the button Junko dropped, and I squeeze Toko's hand. The doors open, and we are met with a stark white brightness.

Okay, this is the end! I'm so grateful to everyone who has read this. I'm sorry if the trial was underwhelming, and that I didn't have the energy to go through and write all the dialogue from the game. I hope you guys enjoyed!
On another note, I am considering doing a Gundham x reader in the killing school next, so let me know if you would be interested in that!