Part 23

I rush over to the door, and open it.

A girl, averagely tall stands at the door. She has short black hair, blue eyes and freckles. She is wearing what looks to be a school blouse with a red bow, a greenish pleated skirt with matching knee-length socks, and black shoes.

She rushes in the door, throwing a blanket of some sort over the security camera.
"Wh-Who are you?" Toko stares at her, just as confused as I am.
"I am Mukuro Ikusaba. I was a student at hopes academy when you were." Mukuro answers.
"Why are you here?" I ask, still with many questions, and not many answers.
"I'm here to help you get out of this place." She answers.

A sense of hope washed over me, yet I am still suspicious of why she is here.
"Wh-Where did you c-come from?" Toko doesn't look convinced by the sudden appearance
"I have always been here." She replies, displaying a small, sad smile.
I am about to say something when she interjects.
"I- How you all treated me changed something." Mukuro starts, before being interrupted by Toko.
"T-Treat-Ed? Do y-you mean are t-treating me?" Toko corrects her grammar.
"No, treated. We have met before. But, mainly the way your relationship formed, even in the face of utter despair- I want to help you get out. I want to be able to have a real friend.." she goes quiet.
"When did we meet you?" I ask, more confused then before.
"I- I have to go, I am sorry. We will be in touch soon!" Mukuro finishes, still leaving so many questions, and so little answers.
Mukuro's eyes dart around the room, before rushing out the door and down the hallway.

Toko and I stand there, shocked and bewildered as to what just happened.

After a few minutes of trying to process the situation,  Toko piped up.
"Wh-What did they mean a-about we already m-met her?" Toko ponders. I smile, and lean over to give her a hug.
"It doesn't matter, we might be able to get out of here Toko! We- We can finally be free, together, in the outside world!" I beam, practically bouncing.
"Y/N, d-don't get your hopes u-up." She reminds me.
I grab her hand and hop around her.
"But we cant give up hope! We need to have hope for getting out of this school, and out of this killing game!" I can barely contain my excitement.
Toko lets out a small giggle, before  spinning with me.
"All w-we can do is cl-cling onto that possibility Y/N." Toko smiles at me. We go back to reading our book, managing to forget the horrors of our existence for a moment.

I hope you liked this chapter! Did any of you expect it to be Mukuro? I hope nobody minds the fact that I have been kind of changing the plot from the original game, but, atleast it gives you all some surprise!