Part 12

Alter ego has been helping us understand the encrypted files on the laptop.
But today, on day 13 of this horrid school life, he has disappeared. Kyoko is extremely worried about him, as he hadn't fully finished searching the files. Plus, we all consider him a friend.
Maybe Hifumi was a tad too friendly to him, but the rest of us considered alter ego a good friend.

Toko and I are sitting on her floor, surrounded by books. When I'm reading with Toko, I get to forget about the danger around us, and immerse ourselves in another reality.

I really enjoy being with Toko, no matter what we are doing. Because of the circumstances, I have moved my blankets and pillow into Toko's room, to make sure we stay safe. Hina and Sakura are also staying together. It's not weird- right?

No. It's not. We are staying together for safety reasons.
The nighttime announcement plays, and we decide to tuck in for the night. I go and wrap my arms around her, pulling her into a big hug.
"Night night Toko." I whisper into her ear.
She smiles, and blushes a little bit. I go over to my spot on her floor. I lay down, and pull the blankets over my head. I nuzzle my head into my pillow, and close my eyes.

"Y-Y/N?" She said quietly. I turn to face her, and look up at her.
"Yeah?" I reply.
"I-I'm scared." She says quietly. "C-Can I sleep d-down there with y-you?" She asks. I'm waiting for her to say something like 'if you don't mind an ugly person near you', or 'don't get any ideas!'
But nothing of the sort.

"Of course Toko." I affirmed, smiling at her. She makes her way down to me, bringing her pillow and pink blanket with her. She lays down beside me, and starts to drift off.
I move over and cuddle her as I fade out of consciousness.

Toko stirs next to me, and I start to wake up too. Realising that we are cuddling, her face goes as pink as blood, and she jolts up to a sitting position. That fully awakens me, and I giggle.
"Morning Toko!" I say cheerily.
There is a knock on the door, and I trot over and open it.

"Good morning! You were unaccounted for at breakfast! Do you know where Toko is?" Kiyotaka shouts. Toko emerges from the blankets, rubbing her eyes. Taka's eyes widen, and it looks like he has seen a ghost.

"This is not safe for a school environment!" He yells. I roll my eyes at him.
"It's not like you can talk." I say sweetly. "I know you did something naughty in the sauna." I whisper, smirking. The boy blushes more than I have ever seen from any of the students, even Toko.
"I-I. Nonsense!" He retaliated. "Anyway, don't be late again!" He finishes.
I nod, and so does Toko. We head outside to meet up with the others.

A/N~ I hope you guys are enjoying! People have been voting, and commenting, which has really motivated me to get this done as soon as possible! So thankyou all for the support!