CHAPTER 08

SHALLOW REALITIES

"I was evasive to the reality of never to repaint someone who has revealed their true colours"

"Com' on cinderella, hurry up! How much time does it take to change clothes? Dad is being impatient, you know him

"Com' on cinderella, hurry up! How much time does it take to change clothes? Dad is being impatient, you know him." Arina banged on the door for the hundredth time. Amaar yelled at her to go away from the other side of the door, which only infuriated her further.

"I swear Amaar if you're not out in like five seconds, we are leaving you behind. You can enjoy your engagement in this very washroom of yours." She knocked one last time on the door.

"Ari, please give me ten minutes. Mama didn't let me even breathe the entire week and you guys have been making me run around like crazy. Just ten minutes for crying out loud." On hearing out his grievance and plea like that made her stop knocking frantically on the door. It was a home engagement function and Amaar was made to watch over every single detail of the arrangement. Even picking the engagement rings was added to his list of tasks. As the engagement day drew nearer, he was closer to pulling his hair out quite literally. Choosing a ring for Mehra was the last thing he could get right at that point but luckily he convinced Arina to help him pick the perfect one and she happily complied.

She was taken aback when he trusted her choice and bought the one she had picked. A very elegant yet delicate designed with only one big centre jewel with a carved gold surrounding, supported by a delicate ring band. With the first glance, Arina knew where it belonged and Amaar happened to agree to his sister.

She waited patiently for him to come out of the washroom, strolling briskly in his room. Right then the door to his washroom clicked open and he stepped out in a crisp white shalwar kameez, paired with a light blue silky waistcoat. His hair was neatly gelled and combed to the side. His strong cologne mixed with aftershave hit her nostrils. Wiggling his eyebrows at her, he signalled himself as in to ask if he looked okay. Hesitantly she moved forward and closed the upper two buttons to his waistcoat that he had left open, neatly flattening the creases that had formed with the palm of her hands.