CHAPTER 10

Long road home

"I wouldn't lose people who love me, over a person I love but doesn't love me back."

Love attracts us like delicately embellished gift boxes with the curiosity and anxiety of not knowing what is inside

Love attracts us like delicately embellished gift boxes with the curiosity and anxiety of not knowing what is inside. Whether or not we will like it even but accepting it is courteous.

Love had tangled Arina into the deception of believing you only find it once, with one person only and it has to be everlasting even if it killed you slowly like poison running through your veins. The idea of letting go never occurred to her then as she relentlessly wandered through the empty hallway of the school but paused when she spotted Danial standing all alone behind a locker. Hidden from sight but she knew his spot. She had come a long way of knowing him better by now. Casually rolling an unlit cigarette between his fingers. He was about to fetch a lighter to lit it when Arina called him.

"Danial?" Her voice made his movements halt and made him turn around with an annoyed expression gracing his beautiful features.

"Hey there," she walked towards him and he turned entirely to face her. Her eyes went to the unlit cigarette he was holding to which he raised an eyebrow before pocketing it.

"How are you?" She wanted to start a formal conversation but he only shrugged at her making her lose her patience and composure altogether.

"Where have you been...?" She folded her arms in front of herself and looked directly at him, straining her neck a little in the process.

"Around..." he gestured with his hands.

"Really? Because I haven't seen you 'round' in like a week. No texts, no calls, don't see you 'around' in breaks even." She said in a mocking tone which riled him up.

"Well, I was busy."

"Yeah, I can see that." She eyed his pocket that had the cigarette peeking at her. He followed her gaze and rolled his eyes in pure annoyance.

"Last time I checked, I didn't feel like talking to you so stop annoying me and give me my damn space." The venom in his voice startled her.

"Then stop keeping me hanging like this when you're so busy and want your damn space." The months of frustration was finally making her speak out.