⚔️December 17th⚔️

Co' general Minnea Sword⚔️

Today has been such a hectic day, but I'm writing it down now on a piece of paper rather than later, because I need to tell you all that happened in detail...

❄️⚔️❄️

It was mid day. I was dressed in my usual armor, and had just finished making my rounds around the castle. Today's wind was cold and the snow was once again heavy, making me worry for my friends. Were they really okay out there?

Daisy was wearing a simple red dress, with boots instead of high heels because of the war. Her hair was tied up in a perfect bun, and she read a book anxiously in the castle library. I knew she was stressed. The last few nights she had been shaking in her dreams, even if we were cuddled up together.

That might be because the attacks have become more frequent and powerful. We still don't know who the enemy is, yet four of our men are injured and two are sick. Daisy seems terrified to loose me in battle, as she clings onto my clothing whenever she can. She doesn't even seem to care about hiding our "relationship" in public anymore, because she is so scared.

The duchess also seems to be anxious, stepping around and frequently having to take naps for migraines. The poor woman seems scarred to death, but thankful that her family is gone for the winter.

I approach Daisy quietly, and surprise her by hugging her from behind. She turns around from where she is sitting and gives me a tired smile. I burry my face into her hair.

"Doing okay?"

I whisper quietly. She chuckles lightly but doesn't answer.

"You finished your tasks? Everything seems normal?"

I smile. Daisy will make a good queen, already talking about business and safety even if she doesn't want to. The thought of Daisy marrying Clearblue pops up in my head again, and it saddens me to the core. Is all of this really temporary? Is any of this real?

"You know how it is, one attack per day. I wouldn't be surprised if someone came in right now and told me that I had to get ready for battl-"

"Ma'am! You have to hurry, we have troops coming our way!"

Daisy lets out a sigh, but it's shaky instead of tired. I give her a supportive smile before running out the library doors and getting my horse.

"How many? Can you say how many there are?

The knight is one of our youngest, but also one of our best knights.

"We have twenty men ready with horses and weapons, and three that can come but are sick. They enemy should be quite small though, but we shouldn't underestimate, as every troop has been bigger and stronger than the last"

I nod and make a sharp turn towards the stables. Inside the only horse left is mine and Daisy's. Zyr left a few days ago, which means that his and Tenos horses are gone as well. The thought saddens me, but I gather myself together and get up on my horse instead. By dragging at the saddle strings he turns around and gallops straight towards the exit, where the other knights are standing.

"In you positions! Read yourselves for battle!"

And so I gave one of the staffs a sign, and he nodded, opening the metal gate. It let out a bunch of squeaky sounds before opening slowly, revealing the dark, white woods in front of us. Some of the soldiers gulp before we left, and I know why. We were really testing our luck by doing this every day... my patience was starting to run out with the amount of traitors that were attacking us. Who knew that many people hated the crown prince?

We rode into the woods and headed straight for the enemy.

It wasn't long before I spotted four palace knights, but this time they were actually dressed in palace attire. That meant that we all looked the same, wearing the same uniform. They were way less and way different from other platoons. I expected them to try and fight us immediately, but instead they stood still.

"What is your purpose here? All royal knights are serving for the army right now? Do you have business with the future queen?"

I bombard them with questions. I know some of them! They are from the barracks, I've seen them almost every day. It's weird how now they are a possible threat instead.

"We deliver news from the king! He has received the advisors letter, and has decided to move you to a safer location. We understand that the other royals must have escaped the castle, so we sent messengers that will try to locate their position and tell them the news as well!"

Most of the worry inside of me left at their words. So the king was moving us to a safer position? It was about time!

"Where will we go?"
I asked.

"They king suspects an enemy among you! That is why he has decided that only Lady Daisy and Co' general Mina is allowed to go! You will travel north, to the mountains, and meet in a miners city with the others. The rest of the staff and knights and soldiers will head back to the palace."

"Daisy! Pack your bags, we are leaving!"

I didn't even explain where or why we were going. I simply dragged her to our shared room, and pulled out our bags and started packing all that we had with us. A few dresses for her, a few armors for me, weapons and food and a few blankets. All of that fit into the bag perfectly.

I wasn't exited to leave, nor was I exited to stay. I just wanted to open a new chapter in this book of war and get one step closer to the happy ending. Thankfully Daisy trusted me with her life, because that same evening, we both left the castle at full speed.

❄️⚔️❄️