Chapter 12

Cora's POV:

"HENRY!!" I screamed as I ran at full speed.. But it was too late, the rogue had already torn his throat out. I was furious, I couldn't explain this rage.  

I shifted and grabbed the rogue by his throat. I didn't want to kill him...yet. "Shift." I demanded, it came out sounding like I was calm but nobody could miss the anger and hatred. I sounded very powerful too. The rogue immediately did as I said. 

He looked to be in his 20's, he had platinum blond hair and dark blue eyes. I still had him by his throat, ready to tear it out if he tried to run. 

"SOMEBODY PUT THIS FUCKER IN THE BASEMENT BEFORE I LOOSE ALL MY SELF CONTROL!" I shouted. I heard whimpering, not just from the rogue, but from all around me. I looked about and saw that everyone besides the people taking the rogue away were on the knees, heads bowed into submission. Did it really come out that powerful?

My eyes suddenly filled with tears at the sight before me. Henry had shifted into his human form, blood was pooling all around him and his eyes were starting to glaze over.

"Nononono! No Henry please don't leave me!" I sobbed as I fell next to him. He looked over at me and grabbed my hand weakly. It seemed like he was trying to talk but all that was coming out was blood. "Mind-link Hen" I could see I was losing him faster and faster, I knew it was coming but I wasn't ready to loose him after I just got him. 

'I love you' Henry mind-linked me...and then he was gone. "I love you too" I choked out before I burst into tears. He had a mate out there, he was going to have pups, and be happy but now...Oh god I can't believe it! 

~_~_~_~__~_~

Thirty minutes later I lay in my bed still sobbing for my loved one. There was a tense, grim, mourning silence all around the house. The funeral was in 2 days, but I don't think I could make it. They had to literally drag me away from Henry's lifeless body. 

There was a knock at the door. "W-w-who is it?" I sobbed pathetically. June opened the door and sat at the edge of my bed. Like myself June's face was blotchy and her eyes red from crying. 

"I-i-i loved him J-June, h-how c-c-can he b-b-b-be gone?!?!" I whimpered, silent tears rolling down my cheeks. "I know sweetie, I know" June comforted me,

We stayed in my room for the rest of the night with the twins having a giant cry-fest. It started out one of the best days of my life and ended up being one of the worst.