Chapter 29

Cora's POV:

Feeling Klaus stare at me astounded, I couldn't tell if he was happy or not. Biting my lip, I looked down with tears about to fall. W-what's going to happen if he doesn't want kids right now? How can I raise a child on my own? Wh-

Cutting me off in the middle of my thought was my mate's laughter. What the fuck? Glancing up in complete and utter confusion, Klaus was laughing his ass off. 

"What's so funny?" I said, my thoughts echoing my words verbatim. 

"I-I'm just so happy! Cora! My love! My mate! We're having a baby!" Klaus said grabbing my waist and the passionately kissing me. It was quite hard to smile and kiss at the same time, so we broke away. 

Once, we had thoroughly washed each other, we dried off and got dressed. Since we were a pretty tight-knit pack, we decided to tell everyone right away. So, when they came downstairs in the dining room, along with some people from the other pack, they were very confused. 

"Everyone, we would like to make an announcement. Cora...Cora and I are having a baby!" Barely finishing his sentence, the room broke out in cheers. I was faintly smiling when I saw Parker in the threshold with a pained look on his face. That's when I broke out into a grin. 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Later that night, once we had finished celebrating, Klaus and I returned to our room. Lazily flopping into bed, I stared at Klaus as he started to undress. That is, until my phone interrupted. Silently cursing how advanced technology was, I reluctantly answered the phone. 

"Hello?"

"Good evening, Cora." 

Sitting straight, I was wide awake now. It was the council. "H-hi! How may I help you?"

"News spreads fast. We heard you are pregnant- congratulations! However, we deem your current environment unsafe for the future alpha or alpha female to be grown in. We will be removing you from the area tomorrow. We are aware of possessiveness, so your whole pack is leaving. Another pack will be coming in to take care of the rest of the job. We thank you for your work so far, but we care about your safety. Again, congratulations and goodnight." 

Looking at Klaus stupefied, we were both speechless for many moments. Then, almost immediately, we both grinned at each other and laughed. Life was going pretty good.. 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

In the morning, everyone was more than ready to leave. This was not our home and this was not our family. We were waiting outside for June to hurry up packing, when Parker came out. Just fucking fantastic, this pansy will probably want to start something. 

Walking up to Klaus and I slowly, he stopped a few feet in front of us. 

"Cora, I just want to say some things before you go. I love you and I always will. I want you to stay here with me, I love the way we play together, just like yesterday! We are soul mates! So, whadda say?" 

Was this boy's name HELEN GODDAMN KELLER? Obviously not, since even she could grasp what the fuck I've been trying to say this whole time. 

"Parker, listen-" I was silenced when McAsshole himself had the audacity to put his fingers to lips. Without wasting a moment, he acted with speed that neither Klaus, nor myself could react to. He grabbed the back of head, and kissed me. 

I won't say it was horrible, because it wasn't. He was once my mate and there were numb little tingles where our lips met. But it was nothing. Absolutely nothing compared to Klaus' kisses. Pushing him away with force, I wiped my lips harshly before going to Klaus' side. Not only to restrain him from killing someone- cough, cough, Parker- but to show that I was at my mate's side, not his. 

"Come along, Klaus. We'll wait for June in the car." I said tugging him away. Then, when June finally came out of that godforsaken building, we left. We drove away and never looked back. But I did look at my mate. Hands casually on the steering wheel, not even trying, but he still looked gorgeous. And he was all mine. 

~_~_~_~_~_~
Hey! :3 You guys should know me pretty well by now.....but yes! The book is coming to an end. The next update will be the epilogue. I hope you guys enjoy it and have so far. Thanks for reading my book and sticking with it, you guys are awesome and your support means a lot! Love you!

-illusionoflexy