Chapter 30/ Epilogue

You probably don't read these, but just in case you do: Thanks so much for sticking with me and reading this shitty book with so many cliches and hiatuses. Your support has meant a lot! <3 -illusionoflexy

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

5 years later.....

Cora's POV:

"Breakfast is ready!" I yelled to nobody in particular and at the same time, to everyone. Hearing pounding footsteps in all directions, I smiled. Life was good. 

The food was already set on the table, so everybody met in the dining room. Greeting the pack, I sat at the head of the table with my mate. Leaning over and pecking him on the lips, I was enveloped with his scent. Yum. 

"Where are the twins?" I asked. 

"Probably playing with Kay outside. They'll be here in no time once they smell the food though" Klaus said laughing. Joining in with his chuckles, I thought about Kay. Kay was June and Jax's daughter. She was four, only a year younger than the twins. Speaking of the devils... 

"Fooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!" Aidan and Nadia chimed in together. Jumping on the chairs beside me, the twins started eating. Aidan Henry and Nadia Irene both had jet black hair like their father, and green eyes like their mother. And they were currently covered in mud. 

"What happened?!" 

Looking up with big doe eyes, the twins tilted their heads simultaneously. Narrowing my eyes suspiciously, I pondered what could have occurred.

"W-well...." Nadia started, but was cut off by Aidan. 

"Mom! Kay got stuck in a hole! So I was her hero and saved her! But then Nadia fell in and I had to go in the hole again." Aidan stated proudly. Shaking my head, I smiled at the little rascals. By how they acted, Aidan and Kay looked like mates. Catching June's eye, we grinned creepily at each other. We had been thinking the same thing. 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

While cleaning up breakfast, Daniel and Dylan's mates came in to help, Addison and Avery. They were also twins and were just like their mates personality wise. Because of this, we were all good friends. 

"So....when are you guys going to start popping out pups?" June asked the girls. 

Looking at each other, they burst out laughing. It was understandable. They were so childlike themselves, along with their mates, so kids would obviously not be coming along in the foreseeable future. Realizing this, June blushed furiously but joined in on the laughter. 

Life was nearly perfect. But there was one nuisance and her name was Evie. Evie was the biggest bitch in the pack. She's a kleptomaniac and a compulsive liar. Whenever called out on these things, she would immediately run and cry to her mate, a respected (well, not so much now with that woman) pack warrior. So many issues remained because of that skank ass bitch. The reason I bring her up now is because she is literal shit. 

Bringing her dirty dishes in the kitchen, she gave all of us  a nasty smile before walking out. Her son, a smart and wonderful boy named Grandpré, offered to help us clean up. Absolutely furious, Bitchface stormed back in and grabbed hold of her son. 

"Grandpré! I told you to never associate with these awful people or their kids. They'll poison your mind! Now go and read in your room." Said the wretched woman. Grudgingly, the boy started to leave, but apologized for his mother's behavior before sprinting away. Giving us one last scuzzy, Evie strutted out of the room, clearly disturbed by her son's generosity. 

"Man, what a cunt."  "Trash." "Poor Grandpré, he's going to grow up and be isolated" and "What a rude woman" quickly filled the room. 

Hmmmmm. 

Nadia, go to Grandpré's room and take him outside to play. I said through the pack link. 

Hopefully, he would turn out alright. 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

NEAR MIDNIGHT

Since it was a full moon, the whole pack was going for a run. Some decided to shift and others remained. Kissing my mate deeply, I smiled and pulled away. Shifting into my wolf, I reveled in the feeling of my transformation. Getting on my belly, I let Aidan climb on my back. Looking over, I saw my mate doing the same with Nadia now that he was also in his wolf form.   

11:59 

11:59

11:59

12:00

Looking up at the moon, I howled, signaling it was time to move. Since Klaus and I were in the front of the pack, we got to experience the summer's breeze first. Feeling the wind blowing through my fur, the soft soil under my feet, my mate running alongside me, and my pup on my back, I felt completely and utterly satisfied. 

For rejecting me, thank you Parker.

For helping me move on and loving me, thank you Henry. 

For always cheering me up, thank you Daniel and Dylan, you little shits. 

For being my best friend, thank you June. 

For all the trouble and joy you will bring, thank you Aidan and Nadia. 

For accepting me and loving me to extents I didn't know possible, thank you Klaus. My second chance. My lover. My soul mate. 

Merci.