Hours became days. Days became weeks. Two weeks to be precise. It was difficult to let go of a person you love. There were moments when I wanted to go back to Henry. To go back to his warm embrace.

He even tried to reach me via Anna many times. Few times even came right in front of me but I was ignoring him like plague. Everytime my heart churned I just looked at his photo of kissing that name less girl or probably listen to Dua Lipa's New Rules.

"You shining girl" Anna high fived me at the college cafeteria. I was standing in the queue to grab on some spaghetti.

"Yes, I think I am finally moving on" I sighed

"That's good, but Bree. He is calling me daily. He wants to talk to you."

"Are you going all soft on him? You saw what he did, right? No, I am not talking to him" I told her

"I felt a bit sad for him but yeah he deserves it"

A comfortable silence engulfed us as we waited for our turn. College life was fun, and tbh this was the only way I was keeping myself busy. I have no idea what to do with this life so why not study. I could had landed a job after my bachelor degree, but I chose to do my masters. You can say I am scared to go into this world alone.

Alone.

We took our food trays and sat beside our other classmates. Everyone was busy in their own world and here I was, someone who has a world but no one to share it with

"Beee, where are you lost?" Andrew asked pacing his arm around my shoulder.

"Naah, just enjoying the lunch" I replied poking him lightly with my pork which earned me a full blown laughter. He's ticklish.

Probably I am not alone. I have friends. I have Anna, Andrew, Mary, Kevin, Heather. Looking around me i can find people who actually mean something to me and probably I mean something to them as well.

College was a dull affair again, with semester exams rounding by the corner, everyone's so busy in completing their project work and copying notes from each other. The exams are in just two weeks. I need to start studying now.

I walked back to my dormitory room alone. Usually Anna accompanies me but today she has some work at the xerox shop. I just wanted some sleep, probably a 6- hour long slumber before night. Imagining all the ways in which I can sleep and study properly, I absentmindedly opened the door to my room.

" What the fuck, Matt. What are you doing in my room" I jumped at the sight in front of me. Right in the middle of the room sat my Gaurdian Mathew O' Conner. A man in his early fifties, with an air of authority. He sat there in his black Armani suit, freshly shaved beard and properly combed hair giving him the look of a male model. My uncle, not by blood.

"Hey kid. How's life?" he asked

"it's good" I lied

"You did the right thing, that boy Henry is worthless."

" How do you know. Wait. You know everything I forgot. You have this eye on me all the time."

"Come give your old man a hug. But first lock the door. I don't want your roommate to barge in our uncle-kid bonding time." he gave me one of those sincere smiles which lightens up my world. I jumped right into his arms.

I am not alone. I have him.

He cradled me for a min or two before letting me go. I sat on my bed and he took his seat on the chair he was sitting before.

"Why are you here though?"

"I have something to discuss and privacy is of importance"

"Go on"

"I want you to get married"

A/N

Hehehe.. Don't know what else to write here

Love
❤️