Chapter 8 - Danger

⠀⠀⠀⠀The sound of the night was silent, spare a few occasional howls of stray dogs or animals from beyond the walls of the mansion. The floorboards were squeaky and slightly damp, with splinters endlessly prickling my skin from time to time whenever I even inched ever so slightly. It was then I begun to think about how stupid I was to follow blindly; thinking that she had become more courteous for no reason. I hadn't learned my lesson from the last time I left the Teiko mansion with the others; it's a scary, manipulative world out there. Up till now, I had merely been living under the safe roof of the Mizuka mansion and hadn't seen the outside threats of this world so to speak. How naive of me, I scolded myself and hugged my knees to my chest in the dark room. I have no right to crave freedom as someone who cannot imagine the price of the cruel world that comes along with freedom in a package.

Changing point of view to Third Person POV

Third Person POV

⠀⠀⠀⠀The dining hall was chirpy, loud and noisy as usual, exhibiting it's usual ambience when Shizuka slid the paper doors open and entered the dining room. Sparing the fellow samurai of Teiko some disgusted and weirded out looks, she practically skipped her way over to the side of Akashi Seijuuro, avoiding all those in her way. The sight obviously irked Kise who just continued eating his food. Yet again he was full of inquisitions; why was she allowed here so freely? Then again, it wasn't a good idea to ask Akashi that either. Aomine showed signs of contempt but kept his slight rage contained in the presence of Akashi as Midorima and Kuroko decided to brush it off as worrying and fussing would help no one while Murasakibara just scarfed down his meal as usual without a care in the world except for his imminent appetite.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Akashi, whom was seated on the tatami mat and eating his own share of food, opened his closed eyes upon feeling the presence of the his supposed 'fiancé'. His eyes widened for ever so slowly(a few milliseconds, perhaps) and soon narrowed after laying his gaze upon the light purple ornament she adorned into her own black locks. "Akashi-sama~" She cooed, which made the others want to puke and all, but they hid their true expressions well in the face of their leader. Gagging and rinsing their ears and eyes off could be done later. For now, they had to be presentable in front of the heterochromatic samurai commander. "Where did you get that hair piece?" He asked, ever so calmly yet demandingly. His face was expressionless as always and his eyes like darts thrown to wherever he fixated his field of vision at. Still cheerful and unaware of her position and predicament, she was smiling happily as she brushed a finger upon one of the hanging bulbs from the metal piece. "Oh, this~? Azalea-san gave this to me after saying it would suit me better," she obviously lied. A light sensation of shock tickled Akashi's brain, but it soon faded as he determined it to be impossible for her to bestow such a thing to this lowly woman. After all, that girl wasn't one to simply give away gifts unless she honestly disliked them. Did she, though? He mused to himself for a few seconds before getting up from the ground without even a slight huff or silent grunt and folded his hands into his kimono. "That's impossible; anyone with a brain knows that. Shizuka Mitsuki, my patience with you is running low, like the food rations in a war-ridden country cut off from all supplies. After I find Azalea, you either leave upon your own means or I will see to it personally. Please do not forget, I do not hesitate to put people into their own places," the redhead spoke, his voice deep and calm but words icy and venomous as he looked into her eyes with certainty. His eyes gave off the impression that he would definitely do whatever he said, without even any slight hesitation. "Know your place. Stop acting like a queen when you're just a commoner among others," he said. Almost as if he clicked his heel before lifting his feet off the ground consecutively to walk away, she soon fell to the ground for no apparent reason, like it was due to an oppression or a sudden heavy weight being thrown upon her, when it was actually just her own fault for tripping. It was just Akashi's 'Ankle Break' where he pretended to move forward slightly but soon retracted and gave her the illusion that he would knock into her if she didn't move. She had to quickly shift her position and lost her balance when Akashi moved back. It was simple yet complex, and obviously incomprehensible to the insolent girl. "If you want a hair ornament so badly, you may keep that if you like. I can buy her many more and take the time choosing them for her. Growing up with you from such a young age, I never expected you to turn out this way," he echoed. One of his childhood friend had strayed from the kind side due to desperation. Well, she was just a family member of one his father's many business partners, anyway; someone he could cast away easily and still go about his daily life. But Azalea? That was impossible; It was impossible for him to go on without her. She didn't have to know that, of course. Not that she did, anyway.