Chapter 12 - Caught, Again.

[ Inset : Hakuryu (White haired stranger) ]

The white haired young man turned around as he released his grasp upon her chin. His back faced her as he glanced over his shoulder with a small, devious smile. "Take her away," he ordered his underlings which outnumbered Saito's forces who had surrounded the Teiko mansion earlier.

"Tch," the brunette man spat. He gritted his teeth, his eyebrows arched in spite. "Use the firearms! I don't care if these rogues outnumber us, protect the princess!" He exclaimed, holding a hand in the air to signal his men. A smirk crept upon the lips of the mysterious man once again as he unsheathed his sword from his waist and cast an evil smile. "Men, forward!" He instructed his soldiers as they charged into the group from all sides. Many were slaughtered, both from each side. Sounds of people being slashed rung in the air as blood stained the yellowish terrain of the narrow track leading to the next village where her clan's mansion was located.

"Damn you...!" Saito had exclaimed, removing his own sword and dashed towards the unknown man who was taking part in the fighting himself. With swift movements and menacing eyes, the unknown person turned around to block his attack with utter ease. He smiled an evil grin as he looked above at the man who jumped at him. Applying some strength, he pushed his sword upwards and Saito fell backwards. As he was about to get up, the white haired man with red eyes pointed the tip of his sword at the fallen soldier. "Worthless. Such a man has no right to stand beside a blooming flower like her." He swung the blunt end of his sword downwards and struck the back of Saito's head. He went unconscious and his body limped on the ground.

The white haired man walked away from him, sheathing his sword back into its sheathe and walked towards the carriage once again, where a blood bath dyed the ground. "He's not dead. I thought that samurais, especially daimyos, were rather ruthless," her voice which failed to waver resonated in the air. The sight and smell of coppery blood failed to scare nor intimidate the apathetic girl.

"Ah, yes. I would feel it to be rather dreadful if your aide was slaughtered. It would not be nice to see my bride-to-be getting distressed, after all. But I now see that I have worried for nothing," he could not help but smile as he said this. This was his first time encountering such a girl who was an enigma, who was different from others. A treasure indeed. Her attributes were not a joke as well. He bowed 45 degrees before extending his hand for her. "My name is Hakuryu."

She was put into a different carriage which travelled behind the extravagant vehicle he relaxed in. Her wrists and ankles were bound with rope to prevent her from escaping. Hakuryu wanted to take as many precautions as possible, after all, he was dealing with a genius. In the carriage in front, Hakuryu rested his elbow on the window sill and put his hand against his mouth, appearing to be deep in thought contemplating something.

Meanwhile.

Back at the Mizuka clan mansion was an elder man with black hair. The roots of his hair were white and there were traces of small wrinkles and eye bags in his face. He sat cross legged and crossed his arms. In front of him was a redheaded man, Akashi Seijuuro.

"I am delighted you have once again agreed to this proposal."

"Nonsense. This arranged marriage was planned ahead even before she left the mansion. Now that you've found her, it is only natural to-" the elder man's words were disrupted by the loud chatter outside the room.

"What? Lady Azalea was taken?!" A servant exclaimed rather loudly in shock. He said it loud enough for it to be heard through the screen doors of the room Azalea's father and Akashi were having their discussion. As the news travelled and breached Akashi Seijuuro's ear, he immediately stood up. He swung the doors open rather violently, which was an unseen trait of his. He was usually well composed and patient. "Repeat that," he ordered sternly and awaited an immediate answer as the servant bowed his head onto the ground, cowering in mild fear. "The horse carriage lead by Saito, the lady's former aide, was found to be amidst a blood stained path. He was unconscious and Lady Azalea was nowhere to be seen. The dead soldiers of the attackers wore the crest of the neighbouring county."