Chapter 1 - The Chance Encounter

⠀⠀⠀⠀Petals dyed in bright pink danced across the sky, before descending onto the ground with grace and demure. The wind blows and pulls loose leaves and branches away with it's every breath with utter ease. The cold air lingers in the wind, to be inhaled by the five men as well as a girl whom had her legs crossed on the floor. Swords aimed at the centre of the circle where the men stood, clad in azure and white haoris, pointed at the little petite girl with black hair and black eyes, clad in pink and white. Her eyes were wide, her body quivered as she stared frightfully at the tips of the weapons that were aimed at her. Her pupils were shaking, just like her body which shivered greatly as a shine danced upon the blades of the swords.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Who are you, and why are you out so late despite the curfew?!" One demanded, his breath tainted by the smell of liquor, his voice rung loudly in the air, sending cold streaks down her spine. "I asked once, answer me!" He ordered once again when she didn't reply.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"A-Azalea..." She said, fear dangling in her voice.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What an odd name. You sure you ain't a spy?! Tell the truth or we'll have to carve that pretty little pale face of yours," another one said, this one with breath stinking like a bowl of rotten saké. He grabbed her by the collar and pulled her up, looking straight into her eye.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"How rude you are to girls, Saishi, Eiro, Mikara, Setō," a voice sounded in the air. A male with bright blonde hair and golden eyes came falling from the sky, a sword held tightly in his hand as he descended onto the ground, sending the one whom held onto the collar of the girl a few steps back. Swords clashed against each other, the sound breaking the silence and tranquility of the little sakura tree field.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Kise! How dare you! This is under my group's area!" The one whom had been sent back said, swinging an arm in the air before raising his sword hand and dashed towards the blonde haired saviour. "Oh, really? That didn't look like interrogating to me~" He cooed, with a small devilish smile curved upon his pale lips. He pushed his blade forward, deflecting the assault of the group's leader with complete and utter ease. The leader gritted his teeth, wearing an expression that resembled a hungry wild dog as he glared at the blonde swordsman. Kise looked back with an unamused expression, his sword in it's ready-stance. Creeping up behind him, a lackey jumped into the air, planning to use gravity and his body weight to his advantage, tried slashing his blade down onto the blonde. Without flinching whatsoever, the talented swordsman swiftly moved his sword above his own head and blocked the attack wit ease, once again. Applying little strength, he pushed the blade up, the attacker being pushed back and thrown into the ground a few metres away. The swordsman put the blunt end of his blade against his shoulders, looking at the pitiful and useless lot of men whom once tried to gang up against him, all foiled by him simply and easily.

⠀⠀⠀⠀The girl had her eyes opened wide, her mouth gaping open at this monstrosity. Who was this man, and how strong was he? Within mere minutes, he easily took down four strong-builded men. Seizing her chance, she began to crawl silently, hoping to make a quick getaway since he was occupied with eyeing the already fallen men. That didn't work, for a sword flew through the air, landing inches away from the girl. The blonde, whom had his back faced to her at the time, glanced over his shoulder and rolled his pupils to the corner of his eye, spoke : "I don't think that you should be trying to escape, Miss Azalea."

⠀⠀⠀⠀The streets were filled with people as the afternoon sun scorched throughout the plains of the country, women trailed the walkways with baskets filled with groceries in their hands, the men carried wooden beams, tools and just about anything that was required for construction whereas the children played games outside their house compounds. The petite girl hid behind the back of the male, barely trailing behind. He walked briskly, his head up and eyes looking forward. "Relax, I won't eat you," he said, breaking the tense atmosphere emitted by the little adolescent girl. She looked to the ground, musing to herself. What would become of her? She was nothing but a wanderer, and now she has fallen into the hands of swordsmen. But little does the man in front of her know, she's a famed tactician from the neighbouring land. The girl whom outranked numerous officers, Azalea Mizuka. But of course, she could brew up a little plan to wriggle out of the grasp of this man, just like she'd been planning to with the brutes from before. But she had other plans. She wanted to see what would become of her if she continued following this man to his headquarters, and also it seemed easier to break free if she was held captive and had no one to monitor her. Escaping right now would be too rash as well as attract attention. There were too many people at this time of the day, loitering and roaming the streets of this country. They would obstruct her route, delaying her getaway as well as worsening her outcome if she was to be caught by him again.

⠀⠀⠀⠀He brought her to the end of a road, where it had a large stone gate guarding the inside interior, one that was common in this historical Japanese era. There was a man with tan skin, navy blue hair and tall build leaning against the red coloured beam of the open gate, with two swords tucked into their sheaths hanging on his lower hip. His arms were crossed and his eyebrows furrowed, he scowled at the blonde. "Oi, Kise. Do you know what time it is, HAH?! Your shift started hours ago, you little pest," he said, eyes glancing over to Azalea's small build. "Oh no. Don't tell me you were-" He began, eyes widening slightly and finger pointed at the girl. "No! It's not what you think, Aominecchi! Saishi's group were harassing her and... I wanted to bring her to Akashi to see what we should do with her."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"So. You blatantly kidnapped a girl. And she went along with it." He stared at Kise with unbelieving eyes and then at the girl, whom emotionlessly glared at him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What's all the commotion, Aomine-kun, Kise-kun?" A young male with bright blue hair popped out of nowhere, with no presence at all. "Tetsuchin... How long more till dinnertime?" The titan-sized purplette beside him asked, munching on an onigiri. "Like I told Aominecchi! Saichi's group were all hung up on interrogating her and I wanted to bring her to Akashicchi!" Kise beamed, with a relentless tone.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, Akashi's on a trip to Haikawa, so he won't be back until midnight tonight. Just put her in the guest-lockup room." Aomine ran a hand through his hair and closed his eyes for a moment. "Though, there's something awfully familiar about her... I just can't put my tongue on it," he says, before opening his eyes and arching his eyebrows. "Tetsu, bring her to the guest room. You. Ryouta. Take. Over. My. Fucking. Shift. Already." He glared with intent and furious eyes at Kise whom just laughed nervously and ushered Aomine away, taking his post.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Walking past the stone gate and into a main hall, she was directed past corridors lit with bright yellow flamed candles before passing through an open garden, laced with pots of colourful and unique flowers accompanying the dull walls. Taking a step down from the wooden platform, she glanced around. "Is this unappreciated?" She asked curiously.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"No, Akashi-kun sits here on calm nights, reciting poetry and doing aristocratic activities that he grew up doing," the blue haired male responded, expressionlessly though with an innocent intonation.

⠀⠀⠀⠀He takes the lead and brings her to the left of the garden, past a circular hole meant to be the entryway to a secluded room. The outside was lit with two candles, one on each direction of the paper door. Inside was a small room with ordinary Japanese interior - tatami mats, a calligraphy painting on the wall and a stool table. Her dark orbs scanned the room, which seemed all but ordinary. Tetsuya excused himself and left the room without a sound. "Alright, there's no point for me to stay here; there is nothing of interest in these straits. I will execute my plan tonight, when the moon shines it's brightest so that it may guide me in my journey and expedition," she mused, her legs trailing across the tatami mat as she examined the little room.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Throughout the entire event that occurred today, she was calm. Her breathing consistent, only meagre emotions taking over her eyes occasionally. Her heart never palpitated, and she thought it probably never would. As she read in books as a child, one's heart only increases in heart rate when one is excited or overwhelmed with anxiety, mostly occurring when you are with someone you love. Hah. Love. Something books never taught you, something she knew nothing about. The only thing, probably.

⠀⠀⠀⠀A plan was conjured in that intelligent little mind of hers, her plan to escape will soon be in full swing. Though, there are a few tasks that she must carry out before she can try out her little plan. Though she found it awfully troublesome, she had no choice. She ran a hand down the nape of her neck and sat down cross-legged on the tatami mat and pondered, staring off into the paper walls in deep thought. 'Sigh... If father hadn't arranged that stupid marriage for me, I wouldn't have left Haikawa., she mused to herself, rubbing her temples as she slammed a hand onto the mat in anger.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Pain shot through her palm as she did so, little impulses that she mundanely ignored. She tilted her upper body forward, her hair falling down her face as she glared at the ground. 'Daughters don't have any use. They just sit at home and wait for their sometimes cheating husbands,' those words echoed in her mind with every millisecond passing slowly in the flowing river of time.

---------------------

Heya guys! So I'm back again writing an AkashixOC fanfic! I promise I won't let this be a failure like the last one v_v)/

- Vic ( •-)-