2

ALEX FROZE, WILL BLINKING in surprise, but Levi's expression somehow didn't change. He looked more curious in what she was thinking than anything else, his gaze on her in the silence that passed. A second later it was over, Will and Alex both talking at once as the bell rung, both too busy to notice the teacher trying to shush them in front. Not that it really mattered, everyone was still talking, though it was becoming more and more clear that they were also all starting to stare at her.

At the camp she had already discovered that the guys always were the center of attention wherever they went and she supposed that wasn't any different at the school. Murmurs rose up, but none of the boys seemed to either notice or care as they continued speaking, the noise in the room too loud for anyone to catch their conversation anyway.

"Did she try to kill you?" Alex said.

"Yeah, are you alright?" Will fretted," Isis is quite passionate about her friends."

"Except her and Levi aren't friends," Alex interjected," and she's totally crazy."

"Don't call her crazy, Alex," Will chastised.

"No, but you don't understand," Alex said as he shook his head," this isn't even a toxic 'oh all Levi's exes are crazy' thing, it's the 'this girl broke in our dorm room to wait for Levi when he was late and emotionally scarred me for life' thing."

"I remember you yelling," Levi reminisced," Clarkson came because he thought that sound came from a girl who had sneaked in."

"In my defense, I had watched a horror movie the night before where people were murdered in their own house and to be honest, Levi, I can see you get targeted easily."

"Me?" Levi frowned," what about you? Once some weird stranger on the street tried to tell you the earth was flat and you discussed with him how it was hexagon-shaped instead."

Alex grinned. "Best twenty minutes of my life."

Ella chuckled, but her attention was still on Levi. The way a guy talked about his exes said a lot and even if Isis was apparently intense, she was curious how Levi would talk about her. Alex was joking, that she knew, but Levi wouldn't; even if that was more because he didn't like to joke than anything else. He glanced at her, interpreting her interest as stress somehow as he shook his head.

"Alex is exaggerating," he said," Isis is just a bit protective sometimes. The only reason we aren't friends at the moment is because I thought it best for us both to move on separately, but we broke up a while before the summer, so I doubt she's still hung up on me."

"Oh Levi, you womanizer," Alex sighed," you don't even know the effect you have on women."

Levi frowned at him, before just deciding to ignore his friend.

"Anyway," he continued to Ella," did she say something to you? I'll talk to her if necessary."

"Awh," Ella cooed as she placed her hand on Levi's wrist," you hate talking."

"You know me so well," he drawled, a flicker of amusement in his eyes.

Ella chuckled, but already knew involving Levi wouldn't do much good. She didn't want to ruin their friendship by coming in between or make Isis angrier than she already was, so for now it would be best to leave it this way. Hell, she knew nothing of what had happened, so it didn't feel like her place to tell on the girl.

So she simply shook her head. "No, Isis didn't say anything."

Levi stared at her, like he was trying to guess what she was thinking. After a moment he gave up, sighing as he leaned forward, nose almost brushing against hers.