37

"YOU GUYS COULDN'T WAIT until the next camping trip to gather?" Ella said, eyebrows raised.

Ava's smile widened as she somehow easily made her way through the ropes on heels, her laugh a stark contrast to Alex' screams in the background. When she was right in front of her she sat, fuchsia nails wrapped around one of the ropes, dreadlocks dancing around her in the wind. Ella was not surprised with how long Alex had been mesmerized by the girl.

"Of course," Ava purred," I wouldn't resist the chance to crash your date, new girl."

"We are crashing their date?" Mia said, sounding positively horrified," why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you wouldn't have come," Ava replied, before adding as she glanced to her left," and then who would have taken care of Will here?"

Mia had been standing hesitantly at the doorway to the next obstacle, the reminder of Will finally getting her to move. She seemed scared for her life as she took careful steps forward, her sense of balance not present at all.

"It's alright," Ella called out," don't worry, Will is fine -" She patted his cheek, continuing after. "I think."

As if on cue Will gasped then, eyes opening as he shot upright. Ella waved at him, pointing at his head.

"Did you hit something on your way down?" she said.

"Probably the pure shock of being around Alex," Ava said, though it sounded more like a joke than anything else.

Will looked embarrassed, a blush on his cheeks as he lowered his head. "To be honest, I didn't sleep tonight out of stress that you two would get angry that we followed along. I was gone for a minute there though."

"Yeah, I could almost see you count the sheep," Ella joked, glancing at Mia after," luckily for you she was about to save you."

Will turned around to look at where Mia was standing, her cheeks flaring up at the statement as she wobbled on top of the ropes. The sleep was out of his eyes in a second then and he jumped up, easily making his way over and extending his hands to where Mia was standing slightly above. In the sunlight he looked so sweet his words almost tasted like sugar, the rays catching in his golden hair and melting in his honey eyes.

"Come here," he said," I'll help you."

"There's no need," Mia reassured him," go sit, Will, you just fell."

Without any hesitation Will grabbed the rope beside him, pulling himself up to Mia's height, a warm smile on his face. He extended his hand again, but there was no pressure behind it, simply a silent offer for help if she wanted it.

"I'm alright," he promised.

Mia's gaze flicked down towards his hand and then back towards his face, before gently placing a hand on the back of Will's head. His eyes widened at the fact that her hands were tangled in his hair, but he didn't move as she inspected him for wounds. When she didn't find anything, she took his hand, shyly nodding at him.

"Thank you," she said.

"Why are they having a more romantic time than you?" Ava remarked as she turned towards Ella, raising her eyebrows.

"I blame you," Ella said.

"Blame someone else," Ava replied," you know I always keep the sexual tension high."

"You're right," Ella said," Alex and Will wearing cheap wigs and following us did do the trick though."

As if speaking about the devil, Levi and Alex suddenly jumped down from the exit of the previous obstacle, both tumbling down. Levi's hair was messy, Alex looking just as dishevelled, his wig somehow having managed to stay on the whole time. Without wasting any time Levi's gaze snapped towards her, only nodding briefly at Ava before he grabbed Ella's hand.