19

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN someone took Mia?" Ella frowned.

Ava didn't have the chance to elaborate though, because the sound of glass breaking resounded through the house. She looked over her shoulder at the floors below, already off before Ella could ask anything else. Levi got on his feet, extending a hand to pull her up as well, and they headed towards the ground floor, confusion coloring her eyes.

"Why would someone take Mia?" Ella wondered out loud to him as they quickly took the steps downstairs," out of all people here, I'd expect them to take Alex."

"Alex would annoy them to the point that they brought him back," Levi said.

"That's true," Ella chuckled," Mia is the better pick."

"She's nice," Levi nodded," she doesn't bother me."

The joking atmosphere she had with Levi immediately died down once she set foot on the ground floor and locked eyes with Will. She had expected Ava to be dramatic when she said someone had taken Mia, but everything was a total chaos, Will standing in the midst of it all, fuming with his bat resting on his shoulders. Opposite him stood a tall guy who looked very out of place in his expensive clothing, dyed silver blond hair parted in the middle and dark eyes looking around distastefully.

"You're proving my point, you know,"
he said," with this whole childish delinquent act you have going on."

Will moved so quickly the stranger had no chance to act, his bat tilting the guy's chin up as he pushed, eyebrow raised.

"Who says it's an act?"

At that moment two men appeared out of nowhere, Ella presuming them to be bodyguards by the way they were dressed. They grabbed Will's arms, Levi acting at the same moment, frown deepening as he pulled one of them off his friend. Ella walked over to Ava, confused, the girl's fuchsia lips pressed into an unamused line.

"So I'm assuming he took Mia?" Ella said.

"I didn't exactly see it happen," Ava replied," but five of those bodyguards came all of a sudden and three left with Mia apparently. He stayed behind here after Will started threatening him."

"It becomes more and more clear to me that it was the right choice to take Mi-Ja away," the guy said, looking at Will like he was beneath him," I can only imagine the bad influence you've had on her."

Someone roared like a lion then and when Ella's gaze snapped up to the sound, she saw Alex running at the guy at thirteen miles per hour, before jumping on his back. It surprised everyone except Levi and Ava, the two of them shaking their head almost simultaneously. The bodyguards tried to pull free to help him, but Levi and Will didn't let go, Will looking ready to break some bones.

"Well, well, well," Alex mused, comfortably seating himself on top of the guy as he tried to crawl out from underneath," what do we have here?"

"Alex, what the fuck," Elisabeth said as she stepped through the door from the backyard, peering through the crowd to see what was going on.

"I told you I sensed something was going on," Alex smiled. All humor disappeared once he grabbed a handful of the guy's hair, pulling him back with a jerk so he was forced to look at him. "Now, why are you talking trash to Will, huh?"

"I will fucking sue you," the guy said, eyes livid," get off me right now, you disgusting fool."

"The law isn't real, baby," Alex grinned," I listen to no one but Levi Peterson."

"When have you ever listened to me?" Levi said.

"Master Vinh," one of the bodyguards called out, voice frantic," are you alright?"