Statues

Sooooo sorry for not posting for a few days. Been busy. But I'm back and ready to type!

J POV

We landed in Nashville, Tennessee. As soon as we landed Naomi collapsed. Nico and I picked her up to move her to a safer place other than the middle of the street.

We set her down in the shade by a tree. Nico then went to a different tree to sleep. Just me. I thought.

~

They woke and we were on the road. We needed to find a place to buy a spray bottle so we can Iris message Chiron.

We stumbled upon an old rundown building. A light flickering inside.

"Should we check it out? Maybe we can grab a few things." offered Naomi.

"Okay, but keep your eyes open. Something doesn't feel right about this place." said Nico looking at the building in concern. We nodded and went in.

We were welcomed by... Statues. Rows and rows of statues. Statues of children, teen, adults, and elderly. Most of them look frighten. Like they were watching their life flash before them.

There isn't much. So office a garden and a living area. Looks like this place hasn't been used in a while.

Thump.

"What was that?" asked Naomi. Hand instantly grabbing mine. I smile and she blushes while quickly letting go. I don't know what I'm going to do to get her back. Well we were never dating but hopefully we can. Maybe once her family is safe or during this quest... I don't know. I like her but after what I said I'm not sure she'll forgive me.

Sssstthhh

We turn around as an older lady appears. She is wearing all black and has a veil covering her face.

"Children? Another group of demigods sent to kill me so soon."

"Who are you?" I ask before I could stop myself. I felt Naomi tense up next to me and take a deep breath. I guess she knew who this lady is and it doesn't seem good.

The lady scowls and her head hisses again. She pulls her hand up to remove the veil. Naomi seemed to have seen this coming because she grabs Nico and I and we end up behind a statue.

"We need to get out of here." says Nico quickly.

"Not before we get her head."

"What!?" Nico and I both look at her. She always has these crazy thoughts but this one is twisted!

"I've been trying to find out a way to kill a hydra and I honestly don't know how. So if Medusa's eyes can really turn anyone/anything into stone, dead or alive,  we should take that with us." as she explained it made sense, but it still seemed sick to carry a severed head across the country!

"I'm getting that head whether you help me or not." she continued getting out a mirror from her backpack.

"I'll help." said Nico glancing around. Naomi nods and looks at me. Hope in her eyes.

"Of course I'm in." she smiles and butterflies erupt in my stomach. I hate that just her smile has that much control over me. But she still seems to trust me and want my help. Maybe there's still hope.

Sorry again. I promise I'll post again soon to continue. I just felt like I should post something but don't worry I'll post soon.
Sorry not the best chapter.