Drake's Lair

Drake looked upon me with his dark glistening eyes. An evil smile grew on his face.

I glared back at him. This man was crazy. There was no doubt about it.

Apprehension grew within me as he walked forward. The men around me left and joined the other group. I stood there handcuffed.

Drake looked like a completely normal man. He was probably in his thirties, and had a crew cut. He could easily deceive someone into thinking that he was a nice person.

I knew better though. I could see the evil man behind the mask.

The team had warned me about him. I remembered that Reina had said that he would kill someone for simple reasons.

What happens next may determine my life or death.
Drake opened his mouth and said to the others, "This must be team's new member, Anada."

He continued by talking to me, "I've met you already though. I see that you made it through alright."

I looked at him in a questioning way. When have I met him in human form?

Drake smiles, "Oh, I know what you are. You're the dragon who keeps ruining my plans. At first I couldn't figure out where the dragon was coming from. It always appeared with the team, but I was right when I guessed that it was you."

I looked at him shocked, but I still didn't say a word.

He says, "Yes, I've wanted to meet you for a while now. When I first heard of you I didn't think much of you. I just assumed that I would destroy you along with the team, but I found out what you were. Then I recognized your name."

Yep, this guy is insane, but what does he mean when he says he recognized my name?

"When I remembered that name, Anada, I knew that you weren't just a nobody." He says.

Drake looks around at his men. They nodded as if they knew what he was talking about. I was still very confused.

Drake turns back to me, "You're parents gave me enough trouble. I don't need you going around and ruining my plans like they did, but I see you've already started following in their foosteps."

I say my first word to him, "What?"

Drake glances at his men again, "Well, it looks like she doesn't know about her parents. I'll just continue with my plan."

Before I know it, he pulls out a pistol and holds it in my face. I stiffen as I look down the barrel of the gun, and see a bullet in the firing chamber. I'm literally looking in the face of death.

I hear Drake say with a laugh, "I guess I'll be known as Drake the dragon slayer after this."

He's going to kill me! This is it for me!

Drake places his finger on the trigger. I see him slowly tighten the muscles in his finger as he starts to squeeze the trigger.

This can't be my destiny! I can't leave the team behind!

I stood and faced him with a stern look as I readied myself.

Suddenly a man from the croud of men stepped forward and said, "Excuse me, Master Drake?"

Drake turns to look at him, "Yes, what is it?"

The man continued, "If what you say is true about her then there would be a lot more accomplished if we did not kill her."