Explosion

My human legs worked hard to get me to my destination. Every second got me closer to the bridge, but it also meant the bomb was closer to exploding.

People were now evacuating the city. Cars, buses, motorcyles, and other various vehicles were headed toward the bridge. They were all unaware of the posing threat from the bomb.

A few local people decided to stay with their houses. I only hoped that they wouldn't be hurt by the hurricane.

The bridge came into view. I never took my eyes off of it. I was very intent on succeeding on my personal mission.

I got to the crowded bridge, and scanned the area for anything suspicious. There was nothing unusual except for the great amount of traffic going over the bridge.

I ran underneath the bridge and started looking around. The cars overhead were crossing the bridge. Their motors were loud.

I looked at the crossbeams. There was nothing there either.

Where would you put a bomb if you wanted to take out a bridge?

Then I thought about the legs of the bridge. I whirled around and surveyed the legs that held the bridge up. There was a pair in the middle of the river.

That's when I saw it. The bomb was strange looking, because it was round. I had no doubt that it was the bomb though.

I shifted into a dragon. There was no way I could get to in time without flying to it.

I jumped into the air and flapped my wings. I made it to the leg of the bridge in a few seconds. I didn't know if anyone could see me, but I didn't want to cause a panic. The city had enough to worry about with the storm coming soon.

I climbed over to the bomb. It was hard to keep a grasp on the cement.

What should do? This thing looks alien!

The bomb looked like a ball had been cut in half and stuck to the leg. The bomb was about two feet across.

If I smashed the bomb it might activate it instead. There was only one thing to do.

I dug my talons under the bomb, and pulled off the cement. This thing must be very strong if it was placed here.

I then jumped into the river, but made sure that the bomb didn't get tossed around. The slightest movement could set it off.

I then swam downstream. I glanced down at the bomb in my hands. There was a timer on it that was counting down. It had 2 minutes left on it, and it continued to count down.

I swam away from the bridge. Trees were starting to surround the river again.

I kicked as hard as I could, but I still felt like I wasn't doing enough. I even pumped my wings underwater.

The timer was at 59 seconds now. I dived down to the bottom of the river. I took the dangerous bomb and very gently pushed it into the muddy silt on the river floor.

I knew the mud wouldn't stop the bomb from its work, but it was the least I could do.

I could hear now a beeping sound coming from it. There was only ten seconds left on the timer.

I turned and hoped I could swim away in time. The team would never know I had survived Drake's kidnapping if I died.

I knew only one thing. If I died now I knew that it was my destiny to save the bridge. Maybe it was a good thing that I was kidnapped, because I would have never known about Dr.Vindu's bomb. I may not know who my parents were or if there were other shapeshifters out there, but I had made a difference in this world. That's what I had always wanted to do. My dream was to help people with my gift, and that's exactly what I done.

There was suddenly a violent explosion behind me. Then everything went black.