Investigating

Alex, Westen, Neil, and Reina thought of ways to figure out about the illegal transporter. Reina gave me some cash, and said to go to the grocery store that was two buildings down the street from ours.

     I obeyed her and left. They were still talking as I walked out of the room.

     It only took me twenty minutes to accomplish Reina's task. I could hear my friends' voices before I got to the door. The hallway was quiet in an eerie way.

     I knocked on the door, and Alex opened it for me.

     The first thing I heard was Reina saying, "Well, this changes the whole plan."

     "Only slightly, but we do have an advantage now." Neil said in return.

     I gave Alex a questioning look as I put the groceries in the fridge and cabinets. He walked over and leaned against the counter.

     Alex said to me, "Mr.Liam just called to give us more information. He thinks he has found someone who is connected to the transporter. The person represents a chemical company. His name is Klark Gremeling."

     Alex continued, "He's only a person of interest, but he might know some information. I don't know how we will obtain that information though."

     I stood there, and watched Reina and Neil discuss the new changes they would have to make. For some reason I was reminded about the reporters who were at the accident. I don't know why I started thinking about them, but the memories gave me an idea.

     I suddenly said, "Hey, what if Reina went undercover as a news reporter? She could use her alibi to interview this Klark Gremeling guy."

     Everyone stared at me in surprise. Then smiles broke out on their faces. I heard a couple of complements.

     "Anada, that is the best idea that I have heard today." Neil said with admiration.

     Neil, Westen, Alex, and Reina immediately got to work. They planned out everything specifically. Neil started researching on Klark Gremeling and the chemical company he worked for. Westen went to the Hummer, and returned with a black box that fit perfectly in his palm. Reina and Alex talked about various ideas on how they would interview Klark.

    Westen sat down on the sofa. Then he opened the black box in his hand. I had nothing to do so I sat next him. I was curious about the box.

     He opened the box to reveal two black buttons. The type of button you sew on a shirt, not an electronic button.

     Westen must have sensed my curiousity, "These are bugs. We'll put one on Reina's shirt when she interviews Klark. Then we will be able to hear their conversation."

     I was reminded of a spy movie that I once saw when I lived at the orphanage. I never thought that bugs might actually be real.

     The team made plans the rest of the day. Reina practiced interviewing a few times, but the team mainly worked on making her look like an actual reporter. The bug was attached to her jacket to make it look like it was a real button.

     Neil told Reina about the chemical company which he had researched. He told her the types of questions to ask Klark Gremeling when she interviewed him.

     The team had everything set up and ready to go. I wasn't much help though. The team seemed to have everything in control, and they knew what they were doing.

     They have probably done this before, but in a different situation. I enjoyed watching them do their work. I think I learned a few new things.