Jordan's English Essay

This year has not been what I expected at all, if I'm honest. When I first came to Forks I was a very different person. I'm actually shocked how much I've changed over these past months in this rainy little town, but I have never been happier.

I came here thinking I could breeze through unnoticed, keeping myself isolated in hopes of avoiding any trouble, which seemed to follow me everywhere. My mindset wasn't good and I was not happy, no matter how much I tried to tell myself otherwise.

In Forks, I have discovered a family I never thought I would have and found my place in a world I never expected to belong to. My path has cleared and I've experienced - no, lived - more in the past months than I probably ever will again. You wouldn't believe half of it if I told you.

I'll say one thing about it, though, it's been good and bad, and brought me closer to who I am. I'm not quite there yet, but I've found my feet.

These words will be written here, and nowhere else: I had no aspirations, no sense of self-worth, and nothing to guide me. Then, in this overcast and over-looked town, I met someone. He has strange eyes, hair the colour of honey and a heart of gold. I could go on and on about him for pages; you must think I'm just a silly teenager, but before I met him I was alone, scared, sad, and without enough self-esteem to tell I was being used by the one person I trusted.

I've felt love and family, stronger than ever before, this year, but with that has also come anger and pain and fear. I never would have made it without Jasper.

My lessons have been countless. I now know it is possible to be blinded by love, and to be so stuck in your ways you cannot see what someone truly thinks of you. But I also know how it feels to lean on a person and be supported, to find solace in a companion, and to be embraced by a family who are not your blood. With their help, I have forged a new life for myself, one I will forever be grateful for.

As for the future...I don't know; I'm happy with where I am. There is still a little bit of darkness and maybe I'd like it to go, but that will take some time. Things don't better overnight, but I know, one day, my world will be peaceful.

You told us to write an essay, but, as you are more than aware, I suck at those. I decided to do a sort of reflective letter instead. I hope it all makes sense, because I'm not editing it. I want this to be plain, raw, exactly what I think. If everything goes well, I will write back to you one day. Until then, thank you for being our teacher, and setting us this, because it has made me think more deeply than anything else.

I wish you the very best.

Signed,

Jordan Scarlette-Swan.

P,s. hopefully when I write back to you, my name will be Hale.