°|Christmas With The Cullens|°

The morning is bright, happy. For once, it isn't raining. I've spent the night in Jasper's arms, talking about everything and anything. As we always do. Night time is my favourite time, because it's just us, lying in the beautiful darkness together.

We've discovered that we both associate the stars with each-other, due to the fact that every time they're visible, we are lying underneath them or sitting on my windowsill. I usually find myself reclining on his chest idly stroking his hand.

At the moment, the sun is glittering over our skin, dawn kissing us with it's gentle light. I've never felt more peaceful. I am completely at ease, in the arms of the man I love. What could make this better?

"I admit, night is beautiful and peaceful, but dawn holds a sacred beauty of it's own, don't you think?" Jasper says, whispering next to my ear.

"I do. During my boxing days, I would train and fight all night, just so that I could walk home in the first rays of light. The slow spreading of warmth and brightness has always helped calm me," I say softly, admiring the sprinkling of golf dusting the leaf-less trees.

"Night is cold, dark, but the stars bring light. It tells you that even in times of hardship there is good. Dawn is bright, sweeping the land with warmth. It gives you hope, that even the darkest days have their dawning," Jasper says, gaze fixed on the sunrise, making his golden eyes glint.

I take in his words; spoken so softly and with so much certainty. It makes me wonder how many times Jasper has watched a sunrise and hoped that someone would come for him, save him from his tormented existence. I hold his hand tighter.

"I used to write poetry about the morning," I say.

"Really? You never told me," he says.

I look down, smiling nervously. "Yeah."

"Will you tell me some? I'd like to hear it if you can remember."

"Erm, sure," I say. "Gimme a minute."

Jasper waits patiently, not saying a word while I think. Soon, one comes to mind. It's simple, but for some reason it stuck in my head.

"Ray of light, burning bright.
Starlit night, cold as ice.
Lady Dawn brings us life.
Misses Moon shines on our souls.
Both bring beauty, both give light.
Only at night, do I feel alright.
Only at dawn, do I feel alive."

The words escape my lips quietly, like a breeze on a bird's wings. If we weren't vampires I would think he hadn't heard me.

But, of course, we are, and he did. Jasper hums, smiling into my hair as he presses a kiss to my head.

"That is beautiful, darlin'," he says.

I hide my face in his chest, promoting him to chuckle. Surprisingly, I feel quite warm. But obviously, it must be the sun heating our skin up.

"We're going to have to move soon," he says.

I make an unhappy noise, snuggling closer to him, enjoying the heat. But apparently he has a different idea.

"It's Christmas Eve, Jordan," he says, laughing gently. "We promised to go to my place. Esme and Alice would never forgive you if you didn't show."

"I know, I know."

Bella and I agreed to spending the two days with the Cullens, as Charlie is on duty both days. But we will be spending New Year's with him.