(Tinker Bell)

"I'm a what?"

After Jasper took me inside, he helped me clean up and change my clothes. I still couldn't touch his skin without flinching, or apologising. But he kept reassuring me and gently prodding me onwards.

Once that was done, we walked up to Carlisle's office, where the others all were. His desk had books strewn all over it, and I tried to keep my face from burning red in embarrassment.

They didn't seem bothered, though. Which I didn't expect, but Alice explained it to me as they've all been like that in one moment of time. For them to judge me would be hypocritical.

For around an hour, Carlisle worked hard, testing things, reading things, asking me questions, examining me. Not once did he mention what he was actually looking for.

Until, he stopped dead in his tracks with his eyes fixed on a drawing in one of the biggest, oldest looking books I've seen in my life.

The pages were nearly brown, the sides curled in, and some stains here and there didn't look like wine...

But Carlisle carefully examined every inch of the painting, glancing at me, or his notes, ever now and then.

I couldn't see what it was from where I stood, but Edward could, so could Alice.

Both of their eyes widened the more they looked, and my patience wore down very, very quickly.

Luckily, just as I was about to snap, Carlisle spoke up, his tone surprised, and a bit confused.

"Jasper, it looks like you're right," he said, raising his eyes.

I looked at him. "Right about what?"

His lips tugged up in a smile as he faced me. "I thought so. At least this way I have a vague idea of how to manage this."

"Can someone please clue me in here?!" I snapped, quite irritated with being spoken about as if I weren't in the room.

"You're one of the Faye, Jordan," Carlisle said softly.

"I'm a what?"

Okay, Vampires? Cool. Shape-shifters? Meh. Bloody faeries?! What's next? Fucking Tinker Bell?!

"Look at this," he says, beckoning me to his side of the desk.

I do so, and lean over the book. The painting displayed a beautiful woman, one with long brown hair, pale skin, and two piercingly purple eyes that match the delicate wings protruding from her shoulders.

She has her hands up, a dragon made of smoke rising from them and a symbol painted in white in the dark blue sky behind her.

She's truly stunning, and very otherworldly. Nothing about her could be compared to me. I don't see how I could be like her.

"I don't get it," I say, frowning at the book. "How on Earth can I be a Fearie?"

"Well, considering Bella isn't one, the bloodline probably comes from your father; the Scarlette line," Carlisle says.

"How do we know Bella isn't one either? This only appeared after I turned."

"There were signs before. I'm surprised I didn't pick up on it sooner. I've met one Faye before," Jasper says.

"What were the signs?" I ask, still feeling quite lost.

Have I never been human? Have I always been some messed up half blood? Never truly one with the people around me.

Jasper sits down on the chair in front of the desk, supporting his head with his hand.

"I should have known when you mentioned the heat you felt when our skin touched," he says, leaning back with a thoughtful look on his face.