(Intruder)

I spend the entire day simmering, missing most of what my teachers are saying and anyone else.

The urge to use my magic is tantalising. It would be the perfect release for the feelings rippling under my skin.

A lot of it is anger, but there is also hurt there. I genuinely saw him as a friend, until things started to get weird inside my head.

Despite that, I can't shake the last thing he said to me. What did he mean? What don't I know?

Is it just a way to get back inside my head? Or is there actually something else about this I haven't been told?

These same questions race around my head as I sit down on the sofa next to Jasper. He's got his head in a book, but his free hand rubs circles on the back of my hand.

We haven't heard anything from Bella, and Edward is climbing the walls. His constant pacing has raised my headache by a phenomenal amount.

"Edward!" I snap, scowling at his with a hand on my forehead. "Would you please stop it! Bella will be fine."

He tugs at his hair again, eyes wide. "How can you say that? She left with Jacob and Adrian! After what he did to you I am not comfortable with her being anywhere near him."

"Believe me, neither am I. But your pacing isn't going to do anything except make my headache worse!" I say.

Finally, Alice breathes a sigh of relief. "She's nearly home."

"See?" I mutter, watching Edward bolt out the door.

A few minutes of silence ensue, until Carlisle frowns across the room at me. His gaze is concerned.

"Have you spoken to Zara about this? The need to use your magic?" He asks.

I shake my head. "No. Not yet. I imagine it's normal for us. She did say our magic is tied to our emotions as well as our thoughts. I suppose, our thoughts control what our magic does while our emotions power it."

Jasper sets his book down and shifts to sit next to me, our shoulders touching. "That's how I interpreted the way you use it. The first time I saw your wings was because you were happy and excited. Your eyes also only tend to flash if you are angry."

Us three chat for a while, theorising about different ways magic could be used, and how my wings work as they aren't fully physical.

But I slowly start to zone out of the conversation, a tight knot of dread beginning to wind in my stomach. My thoughts turn to Charlie, the urge to check on him overwhelming me.

"I need to go home," I say, interrupting them.

They stare for a moment, then Carlisle smiles gently. "I'm sorry if we made you uncomfortable, Jordan. I know this must be sensitive to speak about for you."

"What? No. No, that's not it. I...I just need to go home," I say, heading for the door.

My feet carry me away from the house, vampiric speed allowing me to cover five times as much ground as I would in a car. Within minutes, I'm stood outside my house.

A scent is hanging in the air, one I don't recognise. But I can hear Charlie sleeping on the couch, so I know he's okay.

Bella appears, and Edward shortly after. He freezes in the doorway, looking at me, as to confirm it.

I nod, and we both go up the stairs. He lightly touches a dream catcher on Bella's bed in her room, where the scent is strongest.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Bella asks.