Chapter Eight : Event I in Action

Chapter Eight

The event I in Action

Tour

'I could see Raven was quite distracted while we took a run to the campsite. I haven't gotten a single moment to speak to her since I have arrived, for now, I wonder what's going on up inside her head? She has been so distant and cold.'

Roxie kept wondering why her sister was being so cold and not paying attention to her like she was some kind of a stranger & that they met for the first time.

While Roxie was busy pondering and getting worried about nothing the instructor suddenly yelled "HAULT!" Roxie was startled and taken aback.

"Dear Campers, this will be where you will be setting up your own tents, if needed you can group up in pairs. You can find the tents rolled up in front of the road-sign ( THE ROOKIE FOREST) over there. Do not go deep inside the woods it might not be safe". The instructor instructed after reaching the campsite occasionally pointing at places and assigned spots.

"Further, in case of bad weather conditions, all of you will head back to your rooms. Other than that, you will eat only in the dining hall as we don't want the activity grounds to be covered in wrappers since you kids are very fond of junk food..." The instructor continued while rolling his eyes from time to time. He walked away after he was done. The in-charge was left to look over but, he was soon out of sight as well.

Bushy trees were surrounding them and at a distance, you could hear a faint sound of the water running down the riverside. The view was oddly beautiful and exciting yet there was something about the place that made Roxie give it a second thought. There was no sign of any birds chirping as they usually do in any forest. It was silent except for the campers chattering.

"Is it not beautiful 'Aven?" Valerie sighed at the site.

"Yes it is, I like how musky and earthy it smells" Raven replied, as she taking in a deep breath.

Roxie walks up to Raven, who was standing with Valerie gazing up at the sky and looking around her. The weather didn't seem pleasant but it was gloomy and cosy at the same time.

"Do you uh.. Wanna pair up with me Raven?" Roxie went up to

Raven, suggesting they should pair up, why of course, they were sisters.

"Um.. Okay...sure!" Raven replied, confused looking at Valerie.

"Uh, is okay 'aven, I can pair up with someone else", Valerie said while shrugging.

Raven was feeling almost guilty for accepting a stranger to pair up with rather than her best friend, but Valerie seemed to be okay with it. Sigh.

" Hola Girls, Valerie would you pair up with me?" A girl with thick black hair and a cute smile asked Valerie.

"I'm Sharon" the girl introduced herself, her accent focused a lot on the "R".

"Aa... Suae" Valerie shrugged her shoulders and walked away with Sharon.

Raven could see Lyla watching them, and as soon as Raven was left alone without Valerie it seemed like Lyla's plan was working.

Some time passes by, Roxie is trying to get things to work but it seems like Raven is not present. She is there with her physically but her mind is somewhere else. Lost in her thoughts.

Lyla makes a mean comment and that breaks Raven out of her thoughts. She has tears in her eye ready to roll down but she isn't that weak. She won't let Lyla make her cry, will she? Of course not.