Chapter Nine: Awaken

Raven is alone in the tent, still asleep when suddenly it gets interrupted.

*faint sound of drums beating*

"What in the world is that?" Raven was easily frustrated by the noise.

*Sound intensifies*

Raven awakes with her head in between her hands, the sound wasn't very pleasant to listen. She looks around only to find that Roxie never made it to the tent after dinner. It didn't bother her much, at the moment only the annoying sound was what her nerves could catch up on.

"Argh!! What the heck is it? LET ME SLEEP IN PEACE!!" Raven was deeply annoyed, who dared to disturb her sleep!

Somehow Raven gathers herself and gets up to the annoying sound, as soon as she walks out the tent, the beating of the drums comes to a stop.

She almost starts to think as if she had imagined it. Up and out in the fresh air, she decides to walk back to the cabin.

Seemingly, the weather stayed gloomy. Maybe it was too early, Raven thought to herself.

Raven heads to her room and then had planned to proceed to the washroom to freshen up. As soon as she stepped inside her room, she realized Valerie was already up and ready to go; drenching her lips in her lip gloss as the final touch. Raven never liked the idea of too much makeup and then there was Valerie always covered in it. It was another day, Valerie didn't bother to wake Raven up and it was another thing that made her unhappy.

"You are already ready to go, can you wait for me? Two minutes.." Raven asks Valerie as she quickly straps on her heels.

"Did you hear that weird sound of the drums beating this morning?" Raven initiated a conversation with Valerie, as they were headed off towards the dining hall.

"I swear I wanted to throw the drums on whoever was beating it!" Raven added, with a frustrated tone.

"Wat aee yau taukin' abaut?" Valerie questioned, confused and not really interested.

"Ahh never mind! Tsk!" Raven whispered in disappointment while rolling her eyes.

"How's Sharon?" Raven asks Valerie about her new activity partner.

There's a change in Valerie's step, she asks back " Sharon.. Who?".

"Your partner, activities partner?" Raven continues.

"Oh, her.. fine" Valerie says and her steps fasten as they enter the dining hall.

Raven notices something strange:

There was one less plate arranged on the table.

"This is getting weirder." She says to herself.

Everyone else was enjoying their meal when Raven could not help but notice again, there was another person missing other than Roxie.

She looks around and then goes up to Tim, who was gladly enjoying his morning breakfast with a tinge of hesitation.

"Uh Tim, where is that chubby guy? The one you were setting up your tent with yesterday." Raven marked it in suspicion and confusion.

"Chuck you mean?" Tim replied.

"Uh yeah, I guess, I don't know his name." Raven stated.

"It's weird but I haven't seen him since last night after dinner." Tim marked.

"Also, this morning he was not even in the tent so I thought he must have already gone ahead for breakfast as he is always hungry but no, he is not here either!" Tim continues which raises concern for Raven.